[comp.protocols.iso] help

tonycheng@tpov07.enet.dec.com (27-Sep-1990 1831) (09/27/90)

This message is empty.

tebbutt@RHINO.NCSL.NIST.GOV (John Tebbutt) (09/27/90)

>From ISO-RELAY@nic.ddn.mil Thu Sep 27 07:18:26 1990
>Date: Thu, 27 Sep 90 04:01:46 PDT
>From: 27-Sep-1990 1831 <tonycheng@tpov07.enet.dec.com>
>To: iso@nic.ddn.mil
>Subject: HELP

I figure this guy must be in real trouble, so I want to be the first to try
and help him out. So far, I've received 2 mailings from him with a subject
field of "INDEX", but no message, and now this latest ominous mailing : "HELP".
It seems obvious to me that this guy is an American programmer trapped and in
hiding in Iraq. He doesn't want to draw attention to himself, for fear of
capture and almost certian execution by the Iraqi authorities, so he limits
his plaintive cries for help to a single word in the subject field. So far, his
heartrending attempts have been ignored by the iso mailing list, but not any
longer.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you guys out there, but I just want to tell
you, Tony, that I'm with you all the way and I am going to do all I can, with
the help of my colleagues on the list, to get you out. So don't worry, help is
at hand and we won't let you down ! Come on, guys, let's give this guy a hand !

In the meantime, Tony, maybe you could send us another sign, just to let us
know you're still hanging in there. A simple "Subject: OK" would be great.

	Thanks,

		JT	:-)

ELLSWORTH@XRAY.BYU.EDU (12/20/90)

        I am no longer interested in reading this list.  My efforts to
        unsubscribe have been unsuccessful so far.  Would someone please
        help me get off of this list?

Thanx,
--Fred Ellsworth