[comp.protocols.iso] Are there any OSI product summary reports?

ng@neutron.mpr.ca (Steve Ng) (02/01/91)

I have seem questions like "Can Vendor X implementation of ISO protocol
Y interworks/interoperates with Vendor Z implementation of the same
protocol" on the net once for a while. My question is:

Are there any reports, papers, articles, newsletters, etc., out there
that provide summaries, comparisons, users experiences, interoperability
test results, etc..... on OSI products?

Thanks.
Steve.

Steve Ng              INTERNET: ng@joplin.mpr.ca  or  ng%joplin@cs.ubc.ca
MPR Teltech Ltd.,     UUCP: ...uunet!ubc-cs!joplin!ng
8999 Nelson Way,      CSNET: ng%joplin@ubc.csnet
Burnaby, B.C.,        PHONENET: (604) 293-5463
Canada. (V5A 4B5)     FAX: (604) 293-5787

mcmordie@drake.bt.co.uk (W Shane McMordie) (02/04/91)

Technology Appraisals Limited, a British publisher, is selling a huge
OSI review which covers all the leading suppliers worldwide in great
depth and is updated quarterly.   This behemoth is called "OSI Products".
It was commissioned by the British Government, which has an open systems
procurement policy, and is likely to become something of a buyer's Bible.

It's not cheap - the annual subscription is over 100 UKP, I think.

--
W Shane McMordie
British Telecom

lstowell@pyrnova.pyramid.com (Lon Stowell) (02/05/91)

In article <1345@angst.drake.bt.co.uk> mcmordie@drake.bt.co.uk (W Shane McMordie) writes:
>Technology Appraisals Limited, a British publisher, is selling a huge
>OSI review which covers all the leading suppliers worldwide in great
>depth and is updated quarterly.   This behemoth is called "OSI Products".
>It was commissioned by the British Government, which has an open systems
>procurement policy, and is likely to become something of a buyer's Bible.
>
>It's not cheap - the annual subscription is over 100 UKP, I think.

    I take it the high price is required for OSI conformance?