[comp.protocols.iso] lpr?

rosner@europa.asd.contel.com (John J. Rosner) (02/01/91)

Hello,
What is the best way to achieve lpr functionality in OSI?  lpr being a print
spooler in Unix, would FTAM to a device achieve the same thing?
Thanks in advance,
--
John J Rosner

inaba@snoopy.src.ricoh.co.jp (Kiyo Inaba) (02/03/91)

In article <010291rosner@europa> rosner@europa.asd.contel.com (John J. Rosner) writes:
>What is the best way to achieve lpr functionality in OSI?  lpr being a print
>spooler in Unix, would FTAM to a device achieve the same thing?

Or, aren't there any printer access protocol designing for OSI protocol
suites?

I heard a rumore that ECMA (or some European organization) is in progress
for this issue, does someone know of the detail?

Kiyo Inaba
Ricoh Software Division

J.Crowcroft@cs.ucl.ac.uk (Jon Crowcroft) (02/05/91)

 >I heard a rumore that ECMA (or some European organization) is in progress
 >for this issue, does someone know of the detail?

the MIT Athena project's Palladeum printer system references an ECMA
draft on printer services... i dont have the ref. to hand, but it
looked sensible when i last saw it...(and better than lpr)

 jon