[comp.protocols.iso] New char sets for IS8859 ?

kre@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Robert Elz) (02/06/91)

Can someone send me the address of the person/committee/whatever
to approach to start whatever process might be involved in having
a new character set added to the IS8859 group?

If its relevant, even though I'm in Australia, I'm asking on behalf
of someone now in the US, originally from Latvia, who would like
to get the Lavvian char set added to the IS.

Or has 10066 (or whatever it is) effectively halted all work on 8859?

Thanks

Robert Elz	kre@munnari.oz.au	(or @cs.mu.oz.au)

yfcw14@castle.ed.ac.uk (K P Donnelly) (02/07/91)

kre@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Robert Elz) writes:

>Can someone send me the address of the person/committee/whatever
>to approach to start whatever process might be involved in having
>a new character set added to the IS8859 group?

>If its relevant, even though I'm in Australia, I'm asking on behalf
>of someone now in the US, originally from Latvia, who would like
>to get the Lavvian char set added to the IS.

According to my copy of ECMA-94, Latvian is covered by ISO 8859-4.
Is this not correct?

   Kevin Donnelly