[comp.protocols.iso] ISDN mailing-list

Per.Sigmond@teknologi.agderforskning.no (05/03/91)

Does anyone know of a mailing-list concerning different aspects of ISDN?
If not, how about making one? Anybody interested?

-----------------
Per Sigmond
Agderforskning Technology
Grimstad, Norway.
>If not, how about making one? Anybody interested?

to subscribe, sent a message (content doesn't matter) to:

tcp-isdn-subscribe@list.prime.com

this is for discussion of the _data_ protocol aspects of ISDN; voice
discussion should go to the telecom group.

If someone wants to run a CFD/CFV to create comp.dcom.isdn and put
the (somewhat misnamed) tcp-isdn list out of business, that would be
fine with me.

Rob Ullmann
Prime Computer
ariel@relay.prime.com

Per.Sigmond@teknologi.agderforskning.no (Per Sigmond) (05/14/91)

Hello, ISDN-people!

Thanks for response on the request. This is a small summary of the answers and a
proposal to what we do about it.
There seem to be one mailing-list covering some aspects of ISDN; Rob Ullmann
writes:
>... tcp-isdn-subscribe@list.prime.com
>this is for discussion of the _data_ protocol aspects of ISDN; voice
>discussion should go to the telecom group.
>If someone wants to run a CFD/CFV to create comp.dcom.isdn and put
>the (somewhat misnamed) tcp-isdn list out of business, that would be
>fine with me.

This is a "Mailing-list for those interested in discussing issues relating to
TCP/IP<->ISDN Interoperation." While this is an interesting topic, it does not
quite cover what I had in mind for an ISDN mailing list.

I have received a few answers to my request so far (all suggesting a new list).
The reason there is few answers may be that I have only requested
the "iso"-group, so there may be many others interested too.

Suggestion: An ISDN mailing-list is set up at our site with the address
<isdn@teknologi.agderforskning.no> whith request-adress <isdn-request@....>.
We will also arrange an archive of the correspondense.
The topics of the list could be something like "all aspects specific to
ISDN (protocols, services etc.) for both data and voice".

(If there is enough interest for the list, we could request a netnews-group
"comp.dcom.isdn" and arrange an Internet<->netnews gateway-connection too. But
this can come later.)

Please mail me comments on this suggestion, especially the topics of the
list.....

Per.

Per Sigmond                     Tel.: +47-41-42555
Agderforskning Teknologi        Fax:  +47-41-40696
Televeien 1                     Priv: +47-41-44371
4890 Grimstad, Norway