[comp.protocols.iso] OSI Standards Availability?

andrea@cs.Colorado.EDU (Andrea Hays) (07/01/91)

Hello,

    How does one obtain the various ISO standards documentation? Is it
    available via FTP like RFC's. Also where can I locate a copy of the
    implementation of ISODE?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea Hays

coates@UC780.UMD.EDU (07/01/91)

In article <1991Jun30.222232.27112@colorado.edu>, andrea@cs.Colorado.EDU (Andrea Hays) writes:
>Hello,
>
>    How does one obtain the various ISO standards documentation? Is it
>    available via FTP like RFC's. Also where can I locate a copy of the
>    implementation of ISODE?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Andrea Hays

Please reply in this group, I'm interested in this also.
Thanks.

--
Elliott Coates
coates@uc780.umd.edu

helmut@unixhub.SLAC.Stanford.EDU (Helmut Hissen) (07/01/91)

(Andrea Hays) writes:
>Hello,
>
>    How does one obtain the various ISO standards documentation? Is it
>    available via FTP like RFC's. Also where can I locate a copy of the
>    implementation of ISODE?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Andrea Hays

  there are a few places in europe and australia (that I know of)
  where you can get isode via anonymous ftp; if you're desperate, try:

    brolga.cc.uq.oz.au
    ditmela.mel.dit.csiro.au
    freja.diku.dk
    iraun1.ira.uka.de
    sics.se

  unfortunately, the only local (north-american) source I was aware of
  doesn't have it anymore.  There *must* be an anonymous ftp source out
  there which is not in europe or southeast asia.  i'd be interested, too,
  especially in the VMS implementation.  (so far i have not copied it from
  overseas because i dont want to be a nethog).  I've been trying to get
  the physicists here excited about standards, and isode for VMS and UNIX
  would be really helpful.

  thanks

  Helmut Hissen