[comp.sys.ridge] netmasks/broadcast for Ridge 3200

asimms@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Andrew Simms) (06/20/89)

Can someone tell me how to set the ethernet netmask and broadcast address
on a Ridge 3200.

Thanks in advance.
--andrew simms

fink@nucthy.physics.orst.edu (Paul Fink) (06/20/89)

In article <9059@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> ams@acm.Princeton.EDU (Andrew Simms),rfa@acm.princeton.edu writes:
>Can someone tell me how to set the ethernet netmask and broadcast address
>on a Ridge 3200.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>--andrew simms

Sure! That's easy, you can't! ifconfig does not have that option on ether
ROS or Ridges SysV Unix.

If you want send me the details and I will show you how to work around the
problem. Tell me ourwhat is on your LAN and what you want to talk to.

         Paul J. Fink Jr.                    Internet:
         Oregon State University                fink@PHYSICS.ORST.EDU
         Department of Physics               Phone:
         Corvallis, Oregon 97331                (503) 754-4631