[sci.lang.japan] Japanese language support

takahash@iris.ucdavis.edu (Emiko Takahashi) (03/17/89)

I need information on Japanese language support under the X-window
system.  I am working on adding some Japanese language features into a
programming language for supporting multilingual (multi-natural
language) environments.  I would like to know what is available to
support the Japanese language in the X-window environment and where I
could get the sources and information about them.  I would appreciate
very much if you could e-mail to me any information and references
(individuals or papers) regarding Japanese language support.

Thank you very much,
Emiko Takahashi
takahash@iris.ucdavis.edu

danny@idacom.UUCP (Danny Wilson) (10/19/89)

I am looking for a worprocessor/page makeup etc package that produces
text in Japanese Katakana/Hiragana/Kanji that runs on an Apollo workstation.

Does anyone know if such a beast exists?  What does Apollo Japan offer?

--
Danny Wilson
IDACOM Electronics		danny@idacom.uucp

murase@siva.ntt.JP (Hiroshi Murase) (10/20/89)

In article <764@idacom.UUCP> danny@idacom.UUCP (Danny Wilson) writes:
> I am looking for a worprocessor/page makeup etc package that produces
> text in Japanese Katakana/Hiragana/Kanji that runs on an Apollo workstation.
>
> Does anyone know if such a beast exists?  What does Apollo Japan offer?

I found 'Apollo Publiss' in Japan Domain show '89, which includes
Japanese text editor (of cource Katakana/Hiragana/Kanji),
figure-drawing tools, an image scanner driver, a layout editor and
data conversion tools from other wordprocessors.
I do not know it in detail, but it looks fine.
You can get it from Marubeni Hytech, +81-3-817-4932(tel).

--
                      Hiroshi Murase
                      NTT Basic Research Labs. (in Japan)