[sci.lang.japan] $400 for KanjiTalk 6.0.7?!?

miyazaki@wolf.NoSubdomain.NoDomain (Takeshi Miyazaki) (04/28/91)

In article <1991Apr27.003950.21853@midway.uchicago.edu>  nmm2@quads.uchicago.edu
(nathaniel marinus mccully) writes:
>In article <8766@idunno.Princeton.EDU> miyazaki@taichung.NoSubdomain.NoDomain >(Takeshi Miyazaki) writes:

>>$400 for System and HyperCard???
>>

>Yes, that's right.  The upgrade kit comes with

>Installer disk
>System Tools
>Utilities I + II
>Font disks 1-4
>HyperCard 2.0-J (lite version) -- two disks.

>Plus the usual "Macintosh Reference", "Startup", "Getting Started w/HyperCard"
>etc. manuals all translated into Japanese (localized versions of the
>6.0.7 manuals that come with any new Macintosh.)

Thank you :-)

two more questions:

1) Someone says that APDA carries KanjiTalk for $75(?). Is it still on the
   list?  Does it include manuals?

2) Is $400 a reasonable price for system software? (I know it's a secondary
   system software for most of the users. I also know in Japan we must pay
   about $500 if you have imported macs)

Takeshi Miyazaki
miyazaki@ee.princeton.edu