[misc.jobs.offered] Looking for programmers to port Amiga games

hrlaser@gryphon.CTS.COM (Harv Laser) (10/24/87)

[...]

A good friend of mine is an Amiga games developer. He has just had his
first major work published and it has shipped over 20,000 copies in the
first two weeks of its release.

Since he does not have net access, he's asked me to post this for him.

He is looking for talented developers / programmers who can take his Amiga
source code and port it over to other popular personal computers, mainly
the IBM PC, C64, Atari ST, and Mac.

He needs people who can get the job done quickly and in the shortest possible
time.  He has indicated to me that there is some major money possible here
for the right people who can do the job.

If this interests you, please respond to me by email and I'll give you
his name and telephone number (he lives in So. California).

Thank you.

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (10/25/87)

In article <2027@gryphon.CTS.COM> hrlaser@gryphon.CTS.COM (Harv Laser) writes:
>A good friend of mine is an Amiga games developer. He has just had his
>first major work published and it has shipped over 20,000 copies in the
>first two weeks of its release.

And the game is????  Cmon!  Don't be shy!  Don't leave out a major detail
like that.

--
--  Sean Casey               sean@ms.uky.edu, {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean
--  (the Empire guy)         sean@ms.uky.csnet,  sean@UKMA.BITNET

hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) (10/27/87)

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
>In article <2027@gryphon.CTS.COM> hrlaser@gryphon.CTS.COM (Harv Laser) writes:
>>A good friend of mine is an Amiga games developer. He has just had his
>>first major work published and it has shipped over 20,000 copies in the
>>first two weeks of its release.
>
>And the game is????  Cmon!  Don't be shy!  Don't leave out a major detail
>like that.
>
>--
>--  Sean Casey               sean@ms.uky.edu, {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean
>--  (the Empire guy)         sean@ms.uky.csnet,  sean@UKMA.BITNET
>--  "Have fun storming the castle!" - Miracle Max

Um...uh...err....well okay. "Fire Power"
Btw, the "20,000 shipped" figure was HIS not MINE. I have no way to
verify nor deny that number, but it is impressive (for an Amiga title).

Harv Laser - Chairman (sysop) The AmigaZone
PeopleLink: CBM*HARV
UUCP: {ihnp4!crash, hplabs!hp-sdd!crash}!gryphon!pnet02!hrlaser
INET: hrlaser@pnet02.CTS.COM

brad@looking.UUCP (10/29/87)

In article <2037@gryphon.CTS.COM> hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:
>Um...uh...err....well okay. "Fire Power"
>Btw, the "20,000 shipped" figure was HIS not MINE. I have no way to
>verify nor deny that number, but it is impressive (for an Amiga title).
>
>Harv Laser - Chairman (sysop) The AmigaZone

It's not only impressive, I strongly suspect it's false.
Unless the Amiga has shipped an order of magnitude better than the Atari ST,
(and I don't think it has), this would make "Fire Power" one of the best
selling all time programs in the minor machine marketplace.

--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473

doc@crash.CTS.COM (Mitch Evans) (11/03/87)

In article <1084@looking.UUCP> brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) writes:
>In article <2037@gryphon.CTS.COM> hrlaser@pnet02.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:
>>Um...uh...err....well okay. "Fire Power"
>>Btw, the "20,000 shipped" figure was HIS not MINE. I have no way to
>>verify nor deny that number, but it is impressive (for an Amiga title).
>>
>>Harv Laser - Chairman (sysop) The AmigaZone
>
>It's not only impressive, I strongly suspect it's false.
>Unless the Amiga has shipped an order of magnitude better than the Atari ST,
>(and I don't think it has), this would make "Fire Power" one of the best
>selling all time programs in the minor machine marketplace.
>
>--
>Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473

   Well, I don't know about the total distribution, but I and 3 of my friends
   have the game (all legally bought). Since those 3 folks are the only
   people that I know that have Amigas in my clique, I would say that the
   number MIGHT be true. It is TRULY an impressive game!

			       Doc
UUCP:   {cbosgd,hplabs!hp-sdd,sdcsvax,nosc}!crash!doc
ARPA:   crash!doc@nosc.mil
INET:   doc@crash.CTS.COM

I'm sure you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant...