[comp.windows.misc] Interesting Patents

paul@torch.UUCP (Paul Andrews) (04/28/88)

In article <2672@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> amlovell@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Anthony M Lovell) writes:

>I was just thinking of some nice things I'd like to patent if I wanted
>to make a fortune in computers and electronics.
>I think I like the ON switch best.  Any other get-rich quick schemes?

Funny you should say that, but someone DOES hold the patent for the
exclusive-or'ed text cursor. Maybe not as fundamental as the ON switch, but
VERY worthwhile for the owners non-the-less!

- Paul.

mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (05/02/88)

>In article <2672@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> amlovell@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Anthony M Lovell) writes:
>>
>>I was just thinking of some nice things I'd like to patent if I wanted
>>to make a fortune in computers and electronics.
>>I think I like the ON switch best.  Any other get-rich quick schemes?

As I recall, in the main lobby of the headquarters at Texas Instruments there
is a wall on which hangs the patent to the hand held calculator and on the
opposite wall is the patent for the integrated circuit.

| That government is best which governs least, because its people            |
| discipline themselves. |                              - Thomas Jefferson   |
| Mark Interrante                                            CIS Department  |
| (904) 335-8047                                      University of Florida  |
| Internet:  mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu                   Gainesville, FL  32611  |