[comp.windows.misc] Termcap driven windows environment

clegg@xyzzy.UUCP (Alan Clegg) (07/25/88)

I am looking for a windowing system based on TERMCAP or TERMINFO that will
drive multiple windows on NON-GRAPHICS (ansi) terminals.

I had one when I was working at North Carolina State University, but have
since then forgotten the name of it, and where I got it!!

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,
-abc

tjones@cunixc.columbia.edu (Timothy Jones) (07/26/88)

In article <967@xyzzy.UUCP> clegg@dg-rtp.UUCP (Alan Clegg) writes:
> I am looking for a windowing system based on TERMCAP or TERMINFO that will
> drive multiple windows on NON-GRAPHICS (ansi) terminals.

Try the "curses" package.  It sounds exactly like what you're looking
for.  I don't know where you can get it from, but a local UNIX wiz there
might be,

Timothy Jones
Student Consultant/Programmer
Columbia University Center for Computing Activities

ARPANET:	tjones@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu
BITNET:		timus@cuvmb.bitnet
USENET:		...!rutgers!columbia!cunixc!tjones