[comp.windows.misc] Microsoft Windows and C

kehyoe@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Ong Keh Yoe) (08/11/88)

Hello,

		I am interested in any information on good programming
manuals for Microsoft C and Microsoft Windows.  I am particularly
interested in memory management problems, (especially the different
memory models available).  I would also very appreciative of
any problems anyone has encountered programming in C in a
Windows environment, again particularly with memory management.

		Some examples of code that highlights the usefulness of
the memory models would also be appreciated.  The MS-reference
manual does mention some of the issues, but is sparse on examples.
You can email information to me at kehyoe@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Thanks to one and all.

											Keh Yoe
											(the fool on the hill)

tvillan@hpccc.HP.COM (Tim Villanueva) (08/18/88)

>		I am interested in any information on good programming
>manuals for Microsoft C and Microsoft Windows.  I am particularly
>interested in memory management problems, (especially the different

Charles Petzold's "Programming in Windows" is a must for Windows
programmers.  Very good info, and great examples!

Another good book for learning Window's BASICS is "Programmers Guide
to Windows" buy David Durant, Geta Carlson and Paul Yao.

       Tim V

lai@vedge.UUCP (David Lai) (08/22/88)

In article <6617@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> kehyoe@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Ong Keh Yoe) writes:
>Hello,
>
>		I am interested in any information on good programming
>manuals for Microsoft C and Microsoft Windows.

Pacific Press publishes a book entitled 'Microsoft Windows / Microsoft C
Developers Reference Manual', by Kwan Technologies.  It is a reference
book intended to be used with the Microsoft manual set.  Cost is $19.95
+ postage.  Address: Pacific Press, PO Box 611075, San Jose, CA 95161-1075
or call (408) 741-4250.

It is also available at Computer Literacy in Sunnyvale (I beleive they
do mail order also).

It is a reference book, and not intended to be a tutorial on Windows or C, for
which there are many other publications.  It is really useful
for Windows programmers.
--
	"What is a DJ if he can't scratch?"  - Uncle Jamms Army
The views expressed are those of the author, and not of Visual Edge, nor Usenet.