[comp.windows.misc] CALL FOR VOTES

mguyott@mirror.TMC.COM (Marc Guyott) (09/28/88)

The following is a CALL FOR VOTES to determine whether or not this news
group should be created.  I originally posted this only to news.groups but
I have been informed that I should post it to any group which may contain
interested readers.

Proposed Newsgroup: comp.windows.ms

Topics of discussion: This newsgroup will focus on discussions concerning
        the Microsoft Windows development and operating environments.  The
        discussion topics may include MS Windows documentation, MS Windows
        performance, MS Windows internals, Tools that can be used with MS
        Windows, development environments available other then Microsoft's
        SDK, hardware requirements for running MS Windows, hardware
        requirements for MS Windows development,  accessing hardware from
        within an MS Windows program, networking and MS Windows, and any
        other topics dealing with issues of concern to MS Windows developers.

Reasons for creation: Many people have expressed concern that there is
        no centralized place for discussion of issues relating to Microsoft
        Windows.  Currently these discussions take place in three places;
        comp.sys.ibm.pc, comp.windows.misc, and via a public mailing list
        that is unknown to many people who have an interest in MS Windows.

Deadline for votes: The closing date for votes will be October 31, 1988, with
	a 72 hour leeway period to account for net propagation. Results will
	be tabulated and posted first to News.Admin, then on all related
	newsgroups, and should be available by October 7th at the latest.
	Depending on the result of the vote, the proper admin members will
	then be requested to create a new newsgroup. Should the number of
	NEGATIVE votes exceed that of positive votes, then the request will
	be withdrawn.

	Votes should be sent via E-Mail to the following net address:

	    {mit-eddie, pyramid, harvard!wjh12, xait, datacube}!mirror!mguyott

	Votes will be counted only if received via E-Mail, or if a voter
	cannot find an alternative path to this address, which does happen
	from time to time.

...again, the deadline for voting is October 31, 1988.

Thanks, and please be sure to vote.

                                                    Marc
----
       ... I never saw the morning until I stayed up all night ...
                               Tom Waits

Marc Guyott                                         mguyott@mirror.TMC.COM
{mit-eddie, pyramid, harvard!wjh12, xait, datacube}!mirror!mguyott
Mirror Systems	Cambridge, MA  02140                617/661-0777

meo@stiatl.UUCP (Miles O'Neal) (09/30/88)

In article <18322@mirror.TMC.COM>, mguyott@mirror.TMC.COM (Marc Guyott) writes:
> Deadline for votes: The closing date for votes will be October 31, 1988, with
> 	newsgroups, and should be available by October 7th at the latest.

So we finally found out how to send uucp mail thru an event horizon
to go back in time? Or are we just practicing Central American voting?]

8<)

mguyott@mirror.TMC.COM (Marc Guyott) (10/01/88)

In article <476@stiatl.UUCP> meo@stiatl.UUCP (Miles O'Neal) writes:
>In article <18322@mirror.TMC.COM>, mguyott@mirror.TMC.COM (Marc Guyott) writes:
>> Deadline for votes: The closing date for votes will be October 31, 1988, with
>> 	newsgroups, and should be available by October 7th at the latest.
>
>So we finally found out how to send uucp mail thru an event horizon
>to go back in time? Or are we just practicing Central American voting?]

Oops.  I should have said November 7th.  Sorry for any confusion.
                                               Marc
----