[comp.windows.misc] X11R4 Server on System V/386 Rel 3.2u Problem

gremlin@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Jon Wright) (03/06/90)

	I am currently having a great deal of trouble trying to get a
	release 4 X11 server running on a 386 with systemV 3.2u.

	Basically, there was no support for an att server in my MIT X11R4.
	Do I have some sort of early release stuff ?
	If so, do you know where (locally in Australia) I can get a hold of the
	latest release ?

	Do you have R4 up and running on 3.2u ?
	If so what did you do to get the server built ?

	Any help or info on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

			Ward Britton....
			      C/- gremlin@runxtsa.runx.oz

jim@kanga.lcs.mit.edu (Jim Fulton) (03/08/90)

        Basically, there was no support for an att server in my MIT X11R4.

Yup.  R4 contained client-side-only support for the 6386 WGS.

						Jim Fulton
						MIT X Consortium

wsinpdb@eutws1.win.tue.nl (Paul de Bra) (03/08/90)

In article <1990Mar7.161324.25735@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu> jim@expo.lcs.mit.edu (Jim Fulton) writes:

>        Basically, there was no support for an att server in my MIT X11R4.
>
>Yup.  R4 contained client-side-only support for the 6386 WGS.

And the client-side-only stuff only compiles if you have the
/usr/include/interlan directory, which (as far as I know) doesn't
come with the out-of-the-box AT&T Unix, or Network Support Utilities
or Remote File Sharing, or Ethernet stuff or whatever.

Does anyone know where the "interlan" directory comes from?

Thanks.

Paul.
(debra@research.att.com)

mhorstm@swbatl.sbc.com (3417) (03/09/90)

> And the client-side-only stuff only compiles if you have the
> /usr/include/interlan directory, which (as far as I know) doesn't
> come with the out-of-the-box AT&T Unix, or Network Support Utilities
> or Remote File Sharing, or Ethernet stuff or whatever.
>
> Does anyone know where the "interlan" directory comes from?

The Interlan NP622A board and NP600 software is an 'official' AT&T TCP/IP
product for the 6386.  I used it on a 20MHZ evaluation machine I had for
a while.

 Mark Horstman               Information Systems - Southwestern Bell Telephone
 uunet!swbatl!mhorstm

wsinpdb@eutws1.win.tue.nl (Paul de Bra) (03/09/90)

In article <1232@swbatl.sbc.com> mhorstm@swbatl.UUCP (Mark Horstman 5-3417) writes:
>> Does anyone know where the "interlan" directory comes from?
>>

>The Interlan NP622A board and NP600 software is an 'official' AT&T TCP/IP
>product for the 6386.  I used it on a 20MHZ evaluation machine I had for
>a while.

So in order to compile the X11 client programs on a stand alone box
with no ethernet or something one actually needs to go out and buy
an Interlan board with software and then never use it... (sigh)

Paul.
(debra@research.att.com)