[comp.windows.misc] Openwindows drives me crazy. Help.

smart@manta.mel.dit.csiro.au (Robert Smart) (02/04/91)

I'd like to use Openwindows. Some of its features are quite nice. However

 a. I made the change I saw somewhere to have focus follow the pointer
    (instead of click for focus). But it didn't seem to work.

 b. I have resources for xmh which give me extra buttons (makes it more
    like the old one). The buttons appear and change when you move into
    them but when you click they don't do anything.

 c. Xmh fonts and buttons look different from X11R4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Why don't we create comp.windows.open?

Bob Smart

ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Anthony Murdoch) (02/07/91)

smart@manta.mel.dit.csiro.au (Robert Smart) writes:

>I'd like to use Openwindows. Some of its features are quite nice. However

> a. I made the change I saw somewhere to have focus follow the pointer
>    (instead of click for focus). But it didn't seem to work.

> b. I have resources for xmh which give me extra buttons (makes it more
>    like the old one). The buttons appear and change when you move into
>    them but when you click they don't do anything.

> c. Xmh fonts and buttons look different from X11R4.

I too have noticed b and c (I haven't tried a).  I can cope with c, but b
is very annoying.  The worst of it is when you try to reply or compose and
the save buttons etc don't do anything.  This means that xmh can be nothing
but a reader.

>Any help would be appreciated.

>Why don't we create comp.windows.open?

There is comp.windows.open-look

>Bob Smart

ant

--
  V   ant                       "It's great to be young and insane"
 \o/  ant@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au                    - Dream Team