   From: weon@kum.kaist.ac.kr (Taewhan Won(Solvit Co.))
   Newsgroups: comp.windows.misc
   Subject: OLE(Object Linking and Embedding) Spec. from Microsoft ??
   Date: 31 May 91 07:05:29 GMT

What does this have to do with window systems in general?  Please keep
MS Windows-specific discussions in comp.windows.ms!

alistair@microsoft.UUCP (Alistair BANKS) (06/04/91)

The OLE protocol spec Version 1.0, as used by Lotus Notes, Microsoft
Excel and others, is complete and final and available for download from
Online, Microsoft's support BBS, or from Compuserve.

Additionally there is an OLE interface library, which makes OLE programming
very much easier. This is available as part of the Windows 3.1 beta
test program - details available on Compuserve - look for OLE files
in the MSOPSYS area. The OLE interface library is available ahead of
the release of Windows 3.1.

Alistair Banks
Systems Division, Microsoft.

whk@melb.bull.oz.au (Jim Kaubisch) (06/05/91)

>   From: weon@kum.kaist.ac.kr (Taewhan Won(Solvit Co.))
>   Newsgroups: comp.windows.misc
>   Subject: OLE(Object Linking and Embedding) Spec. from Microsoft ??
>   Date: 31 May 91 07:05:29 GMT

>What does this have to do with window systems in general?  Please keep
>MS Windows-specific discussions in comp.windows.ms!

Very little with window systems in general, but everything with windows.ms.
OLE is MS's proposed extention to DDE.
--
Jim Kaubisch,              ---------  ACSnet: whk@bull.oz
Bull Information Systems   ---------  UUCP: ...munnari!bull!whk