[comp.os.os9] Is OS9 still being supported by Microware?

rflukes@violet.waterloo.edu (Richard F. Lukes) (06/15/88)

I just recently purchased a Gimix 6809 microcomputer with the
OS9 level I operating system, and would like to know if OS9
level II is still available for this system. Is Microware,
the maker of OS9, still in business? I haven't heard of the
company in some time. If they are in business do they still
support OS9?

Thanks,
	Richard F. Lukes
	University of Waterloo
	Waterloo, Ontario
	Canada

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (06/16/88)

In article <7359@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, rflukes@violet.waterloo.edu (Richard F. Lukes) writes:
> I just recently purchased a Gimix 6809 microcomputer with the
> OS9 level I operating system, and would like to know if OS9
> level II is still available for this system. Is Microware,
> the maker of OS9, still in business? I haven't heard of the
> company in some time. If they are in business do they still
> support OS9?

You should call Gimix (or GMX, as they now call themselves) for details--you
may have a system with a CPU board that will only support Level One (i.e. no
memory mapping hardware).  They can tell you what you'll need to run Level
Two, and can sell you a version that will be correct for your hardware.

Microware is still around (otherwise I wouldn't be posting from here :-).

		James Jones

jca@homxc.UUCP (J.ANTROSIGLIO) (06/17/88)

In article <7359@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, rflukes@violet.waterloo.edu (Richard F. Lukes) writes:
> level II is still available for this system. Is Microware,
> the maker of OS9, still in business? I haven't heard of the
> company in some time. If they are in business do they still
> support OS9?

Microware is still in business, at least they were three weeks ago.
They still support OS9 and also have OS9/68000. Why don't you give them
a call. I'm sure they will be willing to help ya out. I don't have their
number handy but if can't find it elsewhere please drop me email and
I send it to you.

John

--
	John C. Antrosiglio
	AT&T Bell Laboratories

adp@moscom.UUCP (Alan Percy) (06/20/88)

In article <7359@watdragon.waterloo.edu> rflukes@violet.waterloo.edu (Richard F. Lukes) writes:
>I just recently purchased a Gimix 6809 microcomputer with the
>OS9 level I operating system, and would like to know if OS9
>level II is still available for this system.

I don't know, but I can tell you who would know...

>Is Microware, the maker of OS9, still in business?

They sure are, and they would know the answer.  Last month
a coworker and myself went to Microware for OS9 training.
They have a very impressive facility out in the middle of nowhere.
(Well actually next-door to the Iowa Pork Producers headquarters)

They can be reached at:
	Microware Systems Corp
	1900 NW 114th Street
	Des Moines, Iowa   50322