[net.works] The T Programming Language

Odonnell@YALE.ARPA@sri-unix.UUCP (04/26/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 delta 4/26/83; site burl.UUCP
Path:burl!spanky!ihnp4!houxm!npoiv!alice!mhtsa!eagle!harpo!floyd!cmcl2!philabs!seismo!hao!hplabs!sri-unix!Odonnell@YALE.ARPA
Date:Tue, 26-Apr-83 16:26:25 EDT

From:     John O'Donnell <Odonnell@YALE.ARPA>

I am pleased to announce the availability of our implementation of the
T programming language for the VAX under the Unix (4.xBSD) and VMS (3.x)
operating systems and for the Apollo Domain workstation.

T is a new dialect of Lisp comparable in power to other recent dialects
such as Lisp Machine Lisp and Common Lisp, but fundamentally more similar
in spirit to Scheme than to traditional Lisps.

The current system, version 2, is in production use at Yale and elsewhere,
in AI and systems research and in education.  A number of large programs
have been built in T, and the implementation is acceptably stable and
robust.  Yale and Harvard successfully taught undergraduate courses this
semester in T (Harvard used Sussman and Abelson's 6.001 course).  Much
work remains to be done; we are currently expanding the programming
environment and improving performance.  Our next release is planned for
sometime this fall.

Please contact me directly if you're interested in getting the distribution.

                          John O'Donnell
                          Department of Computer Science
                          Box 2158 Yale Station
                          New Haven CT 06520