[comp.os.os9] Kermit for OS9

blarson@skat.usc.edu (Bob Larson) (10/24/88)

I sent the changes needed to get the latest version c-kermit working
on os9/68k 2.1 to Columbia, and they are in the kermit archives there as
ck9*.*, you also need the ckc*.*, ckw*.* and most of the cku*.* files.
Ftp from cunixc.cc.columbia.edu, uucp or kermit from okstate, bitnet
from another Columbia system, or order on 9 track tape from Columbia.
Info-Kermit-Request@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu should be able to give you
better instructions.

The os9*.* files there should work on both os9/6809 and os9/68k.
(version 1.6)

In article <15509@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> gsp3leon@violet.berkeley.edu writes:
>I've gotten a version that Microware distributes,
>(but does not support) and haven't gotten past the initialization
>packet.

I don't know which version this is.  The first thing to check is that
parity matches.  (Both ends, and on any communications equipment you
use.)  Next, turn on debugging to see what is happening.  (Use dddd on
the obsolete 1.x series, log debug on c-kermit.)
Bob Larson	Arpa: Blarson@Ecla.Usc.Edu	blarson@skat.usc.edu
Uucp: {sdcrdcf,cit-vax}!oberon!skat!blarson
Prime mailing list:	info-prime-request%ais1@ecla.usc.edu
			oberon!ais1!info-prime-request