[net.works] Sun announcement

AVB%SU-AI@USC-ECL (04/29/83)

From:  Andy Bechtolsheim <AVB%SU-AI@USC-ECL>

Since the work we are doing at Sun is very exciting in many areas,
it might be tempting for Sun employees to share this excitement and
information on new products with this network community.
This, however, is contrary to Arpanet usage and Sun policy.
It is Sun policy to send no information on Sun products over the Arpanet.
Any requests for information on Sun products should be directed to:

	Marketing Communications
	Sun Microsystems Inc
	2550 Garcia Av
	Mountain View, CA 94043

	(415) 960-1300

I would like to apologize on behalf of Sun for recent incidents
that did not follow this policy.

	Andy Bechtolsheim
	Vice President

gnu (05/10/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Tue, 10-May-83 03:04:09 EDT

As soon as I hear people complaining about my sending the Sun
description to Usenet, I'll apologise.  Either you're getting a
lot more mail and/or news than I am, or nobody is bothered.

Both of the only complaints I've received incorrectly presumed that
I had sent the message to an Arpanet distribution list in violation
of Official YewEss Government Rules; one even presumed the route that
the message had taken.  Nobody on Usenet complained, and nobody
anywhere complained about content.

If the message bothered you, let me know.   mail decvax!sun!gnu...

	John Gilmore, Sun Microsystems