[comp.os.os9] File transfer SW

paulz@olnl1.UUCP (Paul v.d. Zwan) (04/10/89)

Can anybody help me with sources for Kermit or [XYZ]modem SW
for OS9 68k V2.1

--
#  Paul van der Zwan               	# {mcvax,hp4nl}!olnl1!paulz
#  Olivetti Nederland B.V.         	#

ai04@umd5.umd.edu (CMSC 620) (04/11/89)

ftp to cunixc.columbia.edu.  They have the most up to date version.  I
honestly don't know which ones you'll need -- try ck9***.  (The 9 stands
for os9).

blarson@skat.usc.edu (Bob Larson) (04/11/89)

In article <677@olnl1.UUCP> paulz@olnl1.UUCP (Paul v.d. Zwan) writes:
>Can anybody help me with sources for Kermit or [XYZ]modem SW
>for OS9 68k V2.1

Three different versions are available from the columbia kermit
archives.  I recomend C-kermit.  Directory kermit/b on
cunixc.cc.columbia.edu, files ck9* cka* ckc* cku* ckw* .  The patches
from the ck9 stuff need to be applied to the others.  I've just
submitted updates to the new beta test version, hopfully patching
won't be needed in the future.  (Partial attribute packet support is
the only new feature, I recomend waiting for the non-beta release
before worrying about the ckermit 4e to 4f upgrade.)

Columbia kermit archives are avilable via internet ftp, bitnet,
anonymous uucp, and mailed 9-track tape.  Contact
info-kermit-request@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu for details.

The version based on old unix kermit is available from the os9 users
group.  User group disks may be ordered from Frank Hogg Labs, or
members may order them directly from the user group.  (The latter is
cheaper, but may not be as fast.)

Both of the above are available on compuserve.

The third version was written in assembler, and I didn't see any real
advantage to it.

Disclaimer: Although I wrote major portions of two os9 kermits, and
have my name mentioned in Frank da Cruz's kermit book, I have never
made any money at it.  (I even had to buy my own copy of the book.)

--
Bob Larson	Arpa: Blarson@Ecla.Usc.Edu	blarson@skat.usc.edu
Uucp: {sdcrdcf,cit-vax}!oberon!skat!blarson