[comp.os.os9] Undocumented SetStat codes

peters@fbihh.UUCP (Heino Peters) (05/03/89)

Hi everybody,

There seem to be lots of Setstat codes in OS9/68k which aren't
documented in the technical manual. I found names like SS_Break
in /dd/defs/funcs.a but they aren't mentioned in any manual i own.

I'd like to implement at least SS_Break, SS_RdBlk, SS_WrBlk in my
drivers. Could somebody please tell me were i can get the Documentation?

If the documentation isn't available it would be great if somebody
could post the argumentdescriptions of the most important codes.

I'd also like to know if any software by Microware is using these codes.

cu Heino

---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------
Heino Peters         | email:
Universitaet Hamburg | peters@rz.informatik.uni-hamburg.dbp.de (preferred)
Bodenstedtstr. 16    | peters@fbihh.uucp (...!uunet!unido!fbihh!peters)
D-2000 Hamburg 50    | ..!{eltrohh,mcshh,althh}!mt1hh!hphal!heino (privat)
---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------

kim@mcrware.UUCP (Kim Kempf) (05/04/89)

In article <257@fbihh.UUCP> peters@fbihh.UUCP (Heino Peters) writes:
>Hi everybody,
>
>There seem to be lots of Setstat codes in OS9/68k whichs aren't
>documented in the technical manual.  I found names like SS_Break
>in /dd/defs/funcs.a but they aren't mentioned in any manual i own.

Many [gs]etstat codes (such as these) are codes that are not necessarily
useful from the user level.  Others are very specific to certain
drivers, filemanagers, functions or even systems.  One can define any
codes they wish the driver to interpret.  The best documentation for
such codes is always the drivers and utilities that use them.

>I'd like to implement at least SS_Break, SS_RdBlk, SS_WrBlk in my
>drivers. Could somebody please tell me were i can get the Documentation?

SS_Break is intended to cause (SCF) the "break" function (asserted tx line)
on a tty port or (PIPE) the breaking of a pipe.  No arguments or return
values.  The implementation of the SS_Break function appears in the Portpak
drivers.

SS_RdBlk/SS_WrBlk - unknown.  Likely experimental or application-
specific functions for disk block read/write.  Roll your own...

>I'd also like to know if any software by Microware is using these codes.

Microware uses all the codes :-)

Kim Kempf, Microware Systems Corporation	{sun,uunet}!mcrware!kim
					opinions(mine) != opinions(microware)
--
Kim Kempf, Microware Systems Corporation	{sun,uunet}!mcrware!kim