[comp.os.os9] Vi / termcap for OS/9

chris@ciprico.mn.org (Chris Johnson) (07/12/89)

I've got a version of vi that runs on our OS/9 systems here, but it's not
happy with the various termcap entries for the VT100 terminal that I've
tried.  Many of those same entries work fine with umacs, but I get a lot
of spurious "5" characters at the beginning of cursor moves.  For example,
at the beginning of a tab, or in place at the cursor when moving around
in vi using h,j,k,l.  I get the feeling there's something peculiar about
my version of vi that wants some strange entry in the termcap.  I've tried
many, many variations without much success.

If someone has a termcap entry for the VT100 that they know works with the
vi program floating around, I'd surely appreciate a copy.  Or if anyone
has any other suggestions, or a better version of vi, perhaps.

Thanks.

--
Chris Johnson    chris@ciprico.mn.org	    ..uunet!rosevax!cipric!chris
 Ciprico, Inc., 2955 Xenium Ln., Plymouth, MN 55441  USA    612.559.2034

chris@ciprico.mn.org (Chris Johnson) (07/13/89)

In article <124@cipric.mn.org> chris@ciprico.mn.org (Chris Johnson) writes:

>I've got a version of vi that runs on our OS/9 systems here, but it's not
> ... etc.

I should have pointed out that what I have is something called
STEVIE Version 3.10, by Tim Thompson and Tony Andrews.

Also, E-Mail replies would be fine.  If others are interested, I'll summarize
them here.