[comp.os.os9] OS9 for Macintosh

lej@me.chalmers.se (Lars-Erik Johansson) (07/18/89)

Hi!
I'm looking for OS-9/68K for my Mac+. Is there anybody out there who
knows anything about such a beast?

Please reply by email to lej@me.chalmers.se

		Thanks in advance / Lars-Erik Johansson

mpease@cvedc.prime.com (Mark Pease) (07/18/89)

In article <6@me.chalmers.se> lej@me.chalmers.se (Lars-Erik Johansson) writes:
>Hi!
>I'm looking for OS-9/68K for my Mac+. Is there anybody out there who
>knows anything about such a beast?
>
>Please reply by email to lej@me.chalmers.se
>
>		Thanks in advance / Lars-Erik Johansson

Well,
	This is reaching back about three years, but there was (and is, and
is to come?) a company that was to release a port to the Mac at the end of
1986. I did not see it, and never followed up on it.

	The company was:
		MicroTRENDS Inc.
		650 Woodfield Drive
		Suite 730
		Schaumburg, Illinois 60195
		(312) 310-8928

	The price was to be $299.00. (My info comes from a letter dated
July 8, 1986.) If anyone has more info (anyone at MicroWare?) please post. It's
been some time sense I did anything with OS/9, ah nostalgia!

--
Mark Pease                      ..tektronix.csnet!ogccse.uucp!cvedc!mpease
Prime Computer, Inc.            ..sun.arpa!cvbnet.uucp!cvedc!mpease

pete@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Pete Lyall) (07/19/89)

In article <6@me.chalmers.se> lej@me.chalmers.se (Lars-Erik Johansson) writes:
>Hi!
>I'm looking for OS-9/68K for my Mac+. Is there anybody out there who
>knows anything about such a beast?

Just recently a company named UltraScience announced a port for the
MAC. A review copy was shipped to Bill Brady, who is the OS9 USERS
GROUP newsletter editor. He's evaluating it now, but I believe it's
also commercially available. Don't have the number handy at the
moment, but buzz me if nobody else comes up with one for you.

There are also ports available for the ATARI ST & Mega machines *from
Microware themselves), and recently a port for the Amiga was done in
Australia, and is soon to be (or is) available.

Pete

--
Pete Lyall                                           Contel Corp.(818) 706-5693
Compuserve: 76703,4230 (OS9 Sysop)  OS9_Net: (805)-985-0632 (24hr 300/1200/2400)

ingoldsb@ctycal.COM (Terry Ingoldsby) (07/20/89)

In article <33874@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM>, pete@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Pete Lyall) writes:
> Just recently a company named UltraScience announced a port for the
> MAC. A review copy was shipped to Bill Brady, who is the OS9 USERS
> There are also ports available for the ATARI ST & Mega machines *from
> Microware themselves), and recently a port for the Amiga was done in
> Australia, and is soon to be (or is) available.
Does anyone know the approximate prices for these versions?  What user
interfaces to they provide?  The conventional shell type CLI or a
newfangled GUI?

--
  Terry Ingoldsby                       ctycal!ingoldsb@calgary.UUCP
  Land Information Systems                           or