[comp.os.os9] OS1000

jh@materna.uucp (Juergen Hackenbroich) (09/20/89)

Hallo,

yesterday I've heard some rumours about OS1000, a MicroWare
OS especially designed for RISC processors. Where can I get more
information ?

The OS should be announced officially on the Systems in Munich
but at that time I'm on holiday.

Thanks for any hints,

hacki
--
Juergen Hackenbroich            | Tel. +49 (231) 51908-20
Dr. Materna GmbH                | jh@materna.uucp

tim@mcrware.UUCP (Tim Harris) (09/20/89)

In article <549@materna.uucp> jh@materna.UUCP (Juergen Hackenbroich) writes:
>Hallo,
>
>yesterday I've heard some rumours about OS1000, a MicroWare
>OS especially designed for RISC processors. Where can I get more
>information ?
>
>hacki

	The OS is called OS-9000 and was officially launched at Buscon East
this past week.  OS-9000 is a portable OS and there will be versions
available for 68020-040 and 80386-486 processors.  The announced plans
were for a 88K version next year.  Contact Microware for the full story.

	Tim

pete@wlbr.IMSD.CONTEL.COM (Pete Lyall) (09/21/89)

In article <549@materna.uucp> jh@materna.UUCP (Juergen Hackenbroich) writes:
>Hallo,
>
>yesterday I've heard some rumours about OS1000, a MicroWare
>OS especially designed for RISC processors.

Well - I do know that Microware has just announced/displayed OS-9000.
This is allegedly a portable version of OS9. Versions are in the works
for the 386/486, and also (I think) for the 68030.

I don't have their number handy, but they're in Des Moines, Iowa.
They also maintain a forum on Compuserve (GO MSC).

Pete

--
Pete Lyall                                                   Contel Corporation
Compuserve: 76703,4230              OS9_Net: (805) 375-1401 (24hr 300/1200/2400)