[comp.os.os9] Forth for the CoCo

David.Carver@f614.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Carver) (10/09/89)

Does anybody know if there is a version of Forth09 for the Color
Computer 3 under OS-9 Level II that has the doc files.  I have the
pre-liminary version of Forth09 on my board, but was looking for a newer
version of the program.  You may contact me at my RiBBS 2.0 Beta BBS
(OS-9 Fido BBS) and upload the file if you have it, or tell me where it
can be found.

David Carver

--
David Carver via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!614!David.Carver

koonce@brahms.berkeley.edu (tim koonce) (10/10/89)

David Carver writes:
>Does anybody know if there is a version of Forth09 for the Color
>Computer 3 under OS-9 Level II that has the doc files.  I have the
>pre-liminary version of Forth09 on my board, but was looking for a newer
>version of the program.
>
>David Carver

The version I've seen is just an implementation of Forth as per Brodie's
book "Starting Forth".  "Starting Forth" is one of the _best_ introductory
computer language texts I've seen, so I think the author of Forth09 was
wise to just refer to that book.  It should be available in almost any
good book store.
				- Tim Koonce
...!ucbvax!math!koonce
koonce@math.berkeley.edu

David.Carver@f614.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Carver) (10/11/89)

-> The version I've seen is just an implementation of Forth as per Brodie's
-> book "Starting Forth".  "Starting Forth" is one of the _best_
-> introductory computer language texts I've seen, so I think the author
-> of Forth09 was wise to just refer to that book.  It should be available
-> in almost any good book store.
-> 				- Tim Koonce
-> ...!ucbvax!math!koonce
-> koonce@math.berkeley.edu
-> ---

Ok thanks Tim.  Do you know if there are any docs floating around for
Forth09?  Also, do you know if there is a program floating around to ZIP
files.  I have an OS-9 program that will unzip them but was curious if
there was one to zip them as well.

David Carver

--

koonce@brahms.berkeley.edu (tim koonce) (10/13/89)

In article <25600.25329831@cmhgate.FIDONET.ORG> David.Carver@f614.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Carver) writes:
>Ok thanks Tim.  Do you know if there are any docs floating around for
>Forth09?  Also, do you know if there is a program floating around to ZIP
>files.
No, I've never seen any docs for it.  I beleive I've seen source on
Delphi, though.  (Maybe on CIS, too??)

I haven't seen a ZIP program, though I have seen ARC source floating around,
if you're interesting in trying the port.

					- Tim Koonce
koonce@math.berkeley.edu
ucbvax!math!koonce

David.Carver@f140.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Carver) (10/15/89)

-> seen a ZIP program, though  if you're interesting in trying the port.

Is the source for the ARC program, only to dearc files or is it to ARC
files as well?  If it will allow arcing of files I'm interested as this
will help the author of RiBBS 2.0 in the Fido area.

David Carver
--
David Carver via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!140!David.Carver