[comp.os.os9] <~cs122/test-data/proj4/test1.dat

khbsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Kenneth Brunell) (12/13/89)

In article <1989Dec12.001943.6673@i-core.UUCP> joseph_cheek@i-core.UUCP (Joseph Cheek) writes:
>In article <1989Nov28.164530.10677@sun.soe.clarkson.edu>, sheppamj@image.soe.cla
>rkson.edu (Matthew Sheppard) writes:
>
>>I just noticed this newsgroup and was wondering if anyone else in the
>>world was using os9 on a radio-shack color computer?
>>                                                      -chew
>>
>Yes, I am!!  I don't find it that slow, 1 & 2 Meg of memoryy doesn't seem
>like too little memory to me, and why don't you open an 80-column window?
>Lots of people are using it and I find that the PD stuff is as really good!
>(It's a lot cheaper, too! 8-) )
>                                                      Joseph Cheek
>                                          (joseph_cheek@i-core.UUCP)

I use it too, and I love it!  It is quite fast using a 30Meg hard drive, and
there is plenty of elbow room with 512k.  I do quite a bit of C programming
on it, FORTRAN is available from Microware as I understand it, the graphics
capabilities are quite good on it, I am running a great terminal program on
one right now that emulates ANSI, VT100, TTY, and OS9 (using standard OS9
display codes), and its PD, called OSTerm.  There is a bunch of really
great PD stuff available on DELPHI, a national information system that
has users' groups for many different kinds of computers, along with a lot
of other stuff.

But what I'm really interested in is how YOU Joseph, are running 1 to 2 Meg.
Are you using one of the new Disto upgrades (which I thought weren't quite
on the market yet), or what?

----
Ken

Disclaimer:  I am not affiliated with Delphi, General Videotex, or Microware.

"Thank you for your support."

khbsnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Kenneth Brunell) (12/13/89)

Sorry, that subject on that last message should have been Coco, OS9, and
 stuff, not ~cs122/blah blah.  I just don't know what happened.  8-{

---
Ken