[comp.os.os9] How do you get graphics with a 128k COCO?

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (08/26/90)

In article <Aug.25.10.27.59.1990.512@pilot.njin.net> roccella@pilot.njin.net (Matthew Roccella) writes:
>The manual tells me to use the wcreate command to open a text/graphics
>window. When I switch to that window, all I see are dots on the
>screen and I can't run my BASIC09 graphics program.

Try putting "merge /dd/sys/stdfonts >/w" in your startup file, or do it by
hand experimentally.

>	How can I switch back and forth from the 32, 40, and 80 column
>screens. It was so easy with the built in BASIC.

There are quite a few shell scripts and small programs floating around that
issue the short but somewhat pesky for humans to remember escape sequences
that do that kind of switching.  They should be floating around in the BITNET
CoCo mailing list file server, on CIS or Delphi, or your local CoCo-oriented
BBS.

	James Jones