[comp.os.os9] ftp site, gcc

jpensar@ra.abo.fi (Johan Pensar RT) (08/27/90)

I have uploaded the top package to funic.funet.fi, it is available for
downloads from directory pub/unix/os9/top.tar.Z. This is the same file
announced for anonymous ftp from 130.134.37.6. The site is in Finland
and should provide rather fast downloads to Europe, the download from
130.134.37.6 took us 10 hours!!

This site is the main archive site here in Finland, and I guess it
is willing to receive uploads from anyone who wants to share some
OS-9 programs, the procedure is following:

- Upload the file to pub/unix/incoming, you can't read the file
afterwards, but it is there.
- Mail a message to unix@funic.funet.fi where you mention the filename
and describe what the program does.
- If the file/program is huge, it may be better to mail first and ask if
they are interested in the thing.

What I now would want to see is some uploads of some intersting programs,
especially the gnu c compiler port from Japan (Japan, are You listening?),
this is number one on my list of interesting programs. I dont need the
patches, I have them already, but can't get them working... what I want
is the patched and/or compiled source! If someone with the program but
without ftp access is willing to provide the program in some other form,
eg. tape or floppies, contact me and I'll see what we can do.

If the moderators on funic.funet.fi would like to correct me on something,
feel free.
Johan Pensar                                       Email: jpensar@ra.abo.fi
Process Control Laboratory
Abo Akademi University
FINLAND

hirano@tkl.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp (HIRANO Satoshi) (08/28/90)

In article <335@ra.abo.fi> jpensar@ra.abo.fi (Johan Pensar RT) writes:
 >especially the gnu c compiler port from Japan (Japan, are You listening?),
 >this is number one on my list of interesting programs. I dont need the

Here I am, but I am not a porter of GCC.
I fowarded your article to fj.os.os9.

HIRANO Satoshi                    Institute of Industrial Science
                                  University of Tokyo, Japan

SDC, The Super Database Computer