[comp.os.os9] Coco3 OS9 Level II UUCP ports

rickadams@ccentral.UUCP (the OTHER Rick Adams) (01/18/91)

>In <1168@bcs800.UUCP> Jeff Riegel writes:
>In <91.01.12.21.53.40+wa3yre> wynkoop @wa3yre writes:
>>     This is a test of my new news software for OS9...
>
>Looks good, I'd love to beta this for you I already have UUCP running on my
>CoCo and get a news feed to it, I just use mail to read it now and can only
>forward mail to other users...

Congratulations to Brett!

There are two UUCP ports for Coco OS9, to my knowledge, which I've dubbed
"Mark's UUCP" and "Rick's UUCP".  The former was written by Mark Griffith, and
is available on both CIS and Delphi.  It does not (yet) provide news support.
It is a very good port, and I commend Mark for it.  This is the package that
Brett uses.

"Rick's UUCP" was written by myself, and is the software I run here at
Usenet node "ccentral".  It provides news support, and is available
on Delphi and the Internet Tandy Color Computer mailing list.  This node
went into comp.mail.maps in July of last year.  Source is included in
my release.  Version 1.2 was recently uploaded to Delphi.

There has been some talk of integrating my news stuff with Mark's package,
to give it news capability, but I can see that due to Brett's efforts,
that soon won't be necessary.  (It wouldn't be hard to combine the two,
though... someone's bound to try it one of these days...)
--
Rick Adams / Color Central Software / ...!apple!fico2!ccentral!rickadams