[comp.os.os9] comp.sources.osk?

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (01/24/91)

In article <2478@batman.moravian.EDU> halkoD@batman.moravian.EDU (David Halko) writes:
>we now have anonymous FTP sites,
>we now have a mailing list (for OS9)
>we now have several user groups where OS9 is discussed regularly
>
>NOW we could use a sources news group.... it has been VERY VERY VERY
>neglected.... how could we get one added???

Well...news.announce.newusers, I believe, has as one of its periodic postings
one on how to create a news group.  The process starts with discussion (and
a call for discussion, posted to certain news groups) and ends with the
completion of a vote conducted according to certain rules.

You'd want someone with reasonable connectivity to conduct the vote, to
minimize the likelihood of lost votes (which, BTW, must be emailed--posted
votes turn people off).  Is there a volunteer?

	James Jones

dev@ei.ecn.purdue.edu (Larry Weeks) (01/25/91)

In article <4746@mcrware.UUCP> jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) writes:
>You'd want someone with reasonable connectivity to conduct the vote, to
>minimize the likelihood of lost votes (which, BTW, must be emailed--posted
>votes turn people off).  Is there a volunteer?

Sure. I've got excellent connectivity, and various amounts of spare
time. The originator of the idea, however, should write up the Call
for Discussion.

Larry
dev@ecn.purdue.edu

csmith@student.ecok.edu (Smith Colin) (01/25/91)

In article <4746@mcrware.UUCP> jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) writes:
>In article <2478@batman.moravian.EDU> halkoD@batman.moravian.EDU (David Halko) writes:
>>we now have anonymous FTP sites,
>>we now have a mailing list (for OS9)
>>we now have several user groups where OS9 is discussed regularly
>>
>>NOW we could use a sources news group.... it has been VERY VERY VERY
>>neglected.... how could we get one added???

Just my $.02, but I think this is an absolutely WONDERFUL idea.

Colin J. Smith
East Central State University, Ada, OK

Email      :  csmith@student.ecok.edu
CompuServe :  73777,1360