[comp.os.os9] 'vi' for OS9/68000

binkley@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Rob -Not from Bloom County- Binkley) (02/20/91)

Is there available an update to the (n)curses library that is in the TOPS
package.  The version that is in the package is an older copy that does
not seem to have idlok() working properly.

Also, are the sources to 'stevie' for OS9/68K available?  Or, is there another
'vi' clone available for OS9/68k?  I'd like to get an updated copy that has
idlok() enabled...

Any pointers would be appreciated...

Rob Binkley - binkley@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov

"Qute quote goes here..."

NASA Ames-Dryden Flight Research Facility
PO Box 273  MS: XRT
Edwards, CA  93523

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (02/20/91)

In article <776@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov> binkley@skipper.dfrf.nasa.gov (Rob -Not from Bloom County- Binkley) writes:
>Also, are the sources to 'stevie' for OS9/68K available?  Or, is there another
>'vi' clone available for OS9/68k?  I'd like to get an updated copy that has
>idlok() enabled...

I think that elvis, a fairly recently-posted vi clone, has been ported to
OS-9/68000.

	James Jones

rh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Russell E. Hoffman, II) (02/20/91)

> is there another 'vi' clone available for OS9/68000?

Check on smilodon.cs.wisc.edu in the /pub/OSK/MISC directory. There is
a file there 'elvis.tar.Z', which I believe is somebody's vi clone.
There are also a few other interesting things there, as well...

Cheers,
Russell Hoffman
rh2y+@andrew.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University

miked@syscon (Mike DeMetz) (02/23/91)

We have a version of vi on our OSK/68K box. I would have to ask
the engineers where it came from. I could possibly mail it.