[comp.os.os9] what is the availability of os-9 software?

roccella@pilot.njin.net (Matthew Roccella) (04/01/91)

Hello,
	Lately, I have been really getting into programming my RADIO
SHACK TRS-80 COCO3 under OS-9 Level 2. I was just wondering that since
Radio Shack does not carry software for this machine anymore, will I
still be able to get software for it? Can I purchase MULTIVIEW and the
LEVEL DEVELOPMENT PACK from MICROWARE? How much will they charge?
BASIC09 and the GFX, GFX2, and the SYSCALL libraries that I love to
use so much, are these unique to the COCO3, or are they available to
any machine under OS-9?
	Also, what is the difference between OS-9 and OS9K? Will
MICROWARE still support OS-9 or will I have to get another machine
that runs OS-9000 when my COCO3 has had it?
	Lastly, are there any other machines, other than the MM/1 and
Frang Hogg's TOM CAT that cost under $1500.00 and can run under OS9000?
Something tells me that these machines, just like all the OS-9
software, is lying around all over the place but that nobody's
advertising and making things hard for me to find!
	If anybody knows what is going on, plese drop me note.

	I also would like to thank the people that responded to my
last request. When I finish my communications program, you can be sure
that I will post it!

Matthew Roccella

* * * If they were running their machines under OS-9 instead, we
wouldn't be having these problems today! * * *

kdarling@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Kevin Darling) (04/02/91)

roccella@pilot.njin.net (Matthew Roccella) writes:
> Hello, Lately, I have been really getting into programming my RADIO
> SHACK TRS-80 COCO3 under OS-9 Level 2. I was just wondering that since
> Radio Shack does not carry software for this machine anymore, will I
> still be able to get software for it? Can I purchase MULTIVIEW and the
> LEVEL DEVELOPMENT PACK from MICROWARE? How much will they charge?

Yes, you'll still be able to get third-party software... there are
actually more companies getting into it now than ever before.

As for MV and the DevPak, your best choice right now is to ask around
to see if a store or someone on the net has a copy for sale.  The
prices at stores are at least 1/2 off right now, for instance.  Make
sure the RS manager checks his SPIFF sheet for discontinued prices.

Sidenote of interest: I've talked to several people now who've talked
their local RS district manager into selling them ALL the coco software
and hardware left in local warehouses... sometimes getting TONs of neat
stuff for only a few hundred dollars!!  They then pass the goods onto
local club members for pennies.  Something to look into, guys.

> BASIC09 and the GFX, GFX2, and the SYSCALL libraries that I love to
> use so much, are these unique to the COCO3, or are they available to
> any machine under OS-9?

I use syscall a lot on 68K machines... it's very easy to write, debug
and pack a quickie utility command in Basic.  There'll be a "gfx" module
on the new 68K machines, simply for ease of porting basic programs.
This kind of stuff (subroutine modules) is pretty portable.

> Also, what is the difference between OS-9 and OS9K? Will
> MICROWARE still support OS-9 or will I have to get another machine
> that runs OS-9000 when my COCO3 has had it?

"OS-9" is the name for the 6809 and 680xx versions... "OSK" often used
as shorthand for "OS-9/68K" simply because it's quicker to write or say.
"OS-9000" is their cpu-portable version of OS-9.  I've seen it running
on 68030 and 80386 machines, and rumors are that SPARC/etc ports will
come sooner or later.

OS-9/6809 is no longer officially supported by MW.  OS-9/68K still is
supported, altho we all bet that won't be true in the year 2000 ;-).
Again tho, there is always third-party support available for older
machines/OS-versions.

> Lastly, are there any other machines, other than the MM/1 and
> Frang Hogg's TOM CAT that cost under $1500.00 and can run under OS9000?
> Something tells me that these machines, just like all the OS-9
> software, is lying around all over the place but that nobody's
> advertising and making things hard for me to find!

You mean OS9/68K. Sure, there's also the Peripheral Technology machines;
others will no doubt give you more info on them if you wish.  There
are also some of us running OSK on the Atari ST (you can pick up nice
ST systems _dirt_ cheap nowadays... check misc.forsale.computers).
There are other machines sold overseas.  Japan used to have quite a few.
And I suspect we'll see even more US models showing up before too long.

You sure said that right!   cheers - kevin <kdarling@catt.ncsu.edu>

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (04/03/91)

In article <Apr.1.10.47.53.1991.277@pilot.njin.net> roccella@pilot.njin.net (Matthew Roccella) writes:

>Hello,
>	Lately, I have been really getting into programming my RADIO
>SHACK TRS-80 COCO3 under OS-9 Level 2...
>	Lastly, are there any other machines, other than the MM/1 and
>Frang Hogg's TOM CAT that cost under $1500.00 and can run under OS9000?

Most of the popular 68000 machines have had OS-9 ported to them - the Atari ST
(the new models with VME slots should make particularly nice platforms) can
be had for well under $1000, we sell OS-9 directly for it.  OS-9 for most
Macintosh models is available from Ultrascience (708-808-9060), and OS-9 for
the Amiga is available from an Australian firm whose number I don't have.
A nice feature of OS-9 is that your applications will be binary compatible
among all three platforms (or any other 680x0 platform, for that matter).

Alternatively, OS-9000 will run on most 386SX/386/486 PC AT-bus platforms,
which are now generally available for less than $1500 for complete platforms.
 # Bill Sheppard  --  bills@microware.com  --  {uunet,sun}!mcrware!mwca!bill  #
 # Microware Systems Corporation  ---  OS-9: Seven generations beyond OS/2!!  #
 ######Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them!######

sysop@sandv.UUCP (System Operator Paul Jerkatis) (04/03/91)

roccella@pilot.njin.net (Matthew Roccella) writes:

> Hello,
> 	Lately, I have been really getting into programming my RADIO
> SHACK TRS-80 COCO3 under OS-9 Level 2. I was just wondering that since
> Radio Shack does not carry software for this machine anymore, will I
> still be able to get software for it? Can I purchase MULTIVIEW and the
> LEVEL DEVELOPMENT PACK from MICROWARE? How much will they charge?
You can still get much of the CoCo OS9 stuff from Tandy, if you order direct.
Also there are some third party venders that carry Tandy software for the
CoCo. Another GREAT source are the Radio Shack Computer Outlet stores.

> BASIC09 and the GFX, GFX2, and the SYSCALL libraries that I love to
> use so much, are these unique to the COCO3, or are they available to
Basic09 is available for OS9/68000. But is called "Microware Basic". I
imagine it is also available for OS-9000 also.

> any machine under OS-9?
> 	Also, what is the difference between OS-9 and OS9K? Will
> MICROWARE still support OS-9 or will I have to get another machine
OS-9 is the "generic" term, which is usually used to refer to OS9/6809. OSK
(OS9/68K) is the term used to refer to OS-9 for the 680x0 systems. OS-9000 is
another flavor of OS-9 all together, which is for 80386 systems (and I
believe it will run on 680x0 systems also) OS-9000 is written in C, wheras,
OS9/6809 and OS9/68000 is written primarrily in assembler.

Yes, Microware does support OS-9, but they dropped the 6809 support.

> that runs OS-9000 when my COCO3 has had it?
> 	Lastly, are there any other machines, other than the MM/1 and
> Frang Hogg's TOM CAT that cost under $1500.00 and can run under OS9000?
> Something tells me that these machines, just like all the OS-9
> software, is lying around all over the place but that nobody's
> advertising and making things hard for me to find!
> 	If anybody knows what is going on, plese drop me note.
OS9/68K is available for the Amiga, and Atari St, and I believe there is a
port for the Mac. OS-9000 will run on any 386 machine, but Iimagine it takes
lots of memory/harddrive space, and the OS itself costs a bundle.

Other more knowledgable folks can probably fill in any gaps I left and make
corrections to what I said wrong here. I bleieve there is at least one person
that reads this newsgroup that works for Microware, so they would probably be
the best source of information (sorry, I forget who you are)

--
 Paul Jerkatis - Call the SandV BBS - 708-352-0948 (OS9/CoCo 3 support)
 UUCP: ...tellab5!vpnet!sandv!sysop   Domain: sandv!sysop@vpnet.chi.il.us

pww@bnr.ca (Peter Whittaker) (04/05/91)

In article <79@sandv.UUCP> sysop@sandv.UUCP (System Operator Paul Jerkatis) writes:
>OS-9 is the "generic" term, which is usually used to refer to OS9/6809. OSK
>(OS9/68K) is the term used to refer to OS-9 for the 680x0 systems. OS-9000 is
>another flavor of OS-9 all together, which is for 80386 systems (and I
>believe it will run on 680x0 systems also) OS-9000 is written in C, wheras,
>OS9/6809 and OS9/68000 is written primarrily in assembler.

So if I understand correctly, these are all more or less the same operating
system, available as binary only, from a variety of vendors, for a variety
of prices?

Next set of questions:
  - in the case of OS/9000, how similar is it to OS/9?
  - is it available in source form?  (i.e. could I buy source,
    compile it under OS/9, then run it on my CoCo3, so that when I
    go to another machine, I will be able to retain all my favourite
    utilities).
  - is there an [online | hardcopy] document detailing the technical
    merits of OS/9, OS/9K, and OS/9000, as well as their similarities
    and differences?
  - on the issue of binary compatibility: is there any?  More specifically,
    are the compiled objects compatible, the linked objects compatible?
    Are the C languages used on the three platforms compatible (better
    yet, are they ANSI).

And an unrelated question, has anyone build the GNU/FSF software under
[OS/9 | OS/9K | OS/9000]?

Thanks,

--
Peter Whittaker      [~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]   Open Systems Integration
pww@bnr.ca           [                          ]   Bell Northern Research

weo@recco.chi.sub.org (Wolfgang Ocker) (04/05/91)

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:

>Most of the popular 68000 machines have had OS-9 ported to them - the Atari ST
>(the new models with VME slots should make particularly nice platforms) can
>be had for well under $1000, we sell OS-9 directly for it.

From CUMANA (GB) an OS-9/68000 Professional package for the ST
including BASIC09, SCULPTOR (multiuser database system), DYNACALC
(spreadsheet) and STYLOGRAPH (text processing) is available for about
$1000.

Best regards,
/// Wolfgang
--
|  Wolfgang Ocker          |     weo@recco.chi.sub.org     |
|  Lochhauser Strasse 35a  +-------------------------------+
|  D-8039 Puchheim         |       reccoware systems       |
|  Voice: +49 89 80 77 02  |                               |
|  Fax:   +49 89 80 29 67  |    Huh, What?  Where am I?    |

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (04/06/91)

In article <79@sandv.UUCP> sysop@sandv.UUCP (System Operator Paul Jerkatis) writes:

>roccella@pilot.njin.net (Matthew Roccella) writes:
>Basic09 is available for OS9/68000. But is called "Microware Basic". I
>imagine it is also available for OS-9000 also.

No, sorry, currently there is no Basic support for OS-9000.

>OS-9 is the "generic" term, which is usually used to refer to OS9/6809. OSK
>(OS9/68K) is the term used to refer to OS-9 for the 680x0 systems. OS-9000 is
>another flavor of OS-9 all together, which is for 80386 systems (and I
>believe it will run on 680x0 systems also).

Outside of the Coco world 'OS-9' pretty much is taken to refer to the 68K
version, since OS-9/6809 is no longer actively supported.  OS-9K or OS-9000
refers to our more portable OS, currently available for 68020+ or 80386+
machines, and some RISC platforms in the future.

>OS-9000 will run on any 386 machine, but I imagine it takes
>lots of memory/harddrive space, and the OS itself costs a bundle.

This is a relative matter - we recommend 2 MB of RAM for an OS-9000 develop-
ment system and 5 MB of HD space.  While this may be a lot compared to a
6809-based system, it is substantially less than is required by Xenix, OS/2,
or most other multi-tasking PC-based OS's.  The price of $995, including
C Compiler, C Source Level Debugger, and full utility set, also compares very
favorably to "comparable" products.

>Other more knowledgable folks can probably fill in any gaps I left and make
>corrections to what I said wrong here. I bleieve there is at least one person
>that reads this newsgroup that works for Microware, so they would probably be
>the best source of information (sorry, I forget who you are)

I imagine you're referring to me - I'm just the most vocal Microware employee
active in this newsgroup, and generally the only "marketing-type"...probably
too vocal, sometimes (ask my management!).

> Paul Jerkatis - Call the SandV BBS - 708-352-0948 (OS9/CoCo 3 support)

 # Bill Sheppard  --  bills@microware.com  --  {uunet,sun}!mcrware!mwca!bill  #
 # Microware Systems Corporation  ---  OS-9: Seven generations beyond OS/2!!  #
 ######Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them!######

sysop@sandv.UUCP (System Operator Paul Jerkatis) (04/07/91)

Thanks Bill for clearifing things for us... I guess the figures I had heard
for OS-9000 were old. I was under the impression it was a lot more.
I haven't been around the "real" OS9 world much (I just another CoCo Nut)
I should have also stated that OS-9000 requires far less (disk/memory) then a
typical unix system.

Anyhow... Please _DO_ keep letting us know what ever you can... It's nice to
have someone on the inside to keep us filled in...
TTFN
--

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr4.172950.27763@bwdls61.bnr.ca> pww@bnr.ca (Peter Whittaker) writes:
>In article <79@sandv.UUCP> sysop@sandv.UUCP (System Operator Paul Jerkatis) writes:
>>OS-9 is the "generic" term, which is usually used to refer to OS9/6809. OSK
>>(OS9/68K) is the term used to refer to OS-9 for the 680x0 systems. OS-9000 is
>>another flavor of OS-9 all together, which is for 80386 systems (and I
>>believe it will run on 680x0 systems also) OS-9000 is written in C, wheras,
>>OS9/6809 and OS9/68000 is written primarrily in assembler.
>>

>So if I understand correctly, these are all more or less the same operating
>system, available as binary only, from a variety of vendors, for a variety
>of prices?

You are partially correct.  OS-9/68xxx is a new release of OS-9/6809, and is
similar architecturally, but incorporates many improvements made possible by
the more powerful hardware of a 68xxx processor.  As a programmer you will
find many similarities between OS-9/6809 and OS-9/68xxx, but they are not
strictly compatible.  The same relationship holds true between OS-9000 and
OS-9/68xxx, though these two are generally source-level compatible.  With
OS-9, in most cases you purchase it (in binary form) from the manufacturer
of the hardware you will run it on (Force, Heurikon, Radstone, Matrix, etc.).
The major exceptions to this are Motorola VME boards and the Atari ST, for
which you buy OS-9 directly from Microware or one of our distributors.  In
all cases you can buy additional development tools from us, such as debuggers,
source code tools, graphics support, etc.  In many cases you can also buy
these tools from your hardware manufacturer (who has bought them from us).
When you buy OS-9 or related tools from someone other than Microware directly
the price is set by the seller.

By the way, source code is available from us, but it generally isn't needed
for most applications - you can write drivers, add system calls, etc. without
it.

>Next set of questions:
>  - in the case of OS/9000, how similar is it to OS/9?

Generally architecturally similar, though some enhancements have been made
in the area of I/O file managers, task scheduling, and a few other areas.
Again, they are pretty much source-level compatible, drivers will need
some modification.

>  - is it available in source form?  (i.e. could I buy source,
>    compile it under OS/9, then run it on my CoCo3, so that when I
>    go to another machine, I will be able to retain all my favourite
>    utilities).

OS-9000 couldn't run on a Coco, requires a 32-bit architecture.  Besides,
if you have the source to your favorite utilities you could recompile them
under OS-9000 quite painlessly (we were able to recompile uMacs with no
changes).

>  - is there an [online | hardcopy] document detailing the technical
>    merits of OS/9, OS/9K, and OS/9000, as well as their similarities
>    and differences?

Call (800)475-9000, ask for an OS-9 or OS-9000 Catalog.  Both are decent
technical overviews of the respective operating systems, should provide
most of the detial you need.

>  - on the issue of binary compatibility: is there any?  More specifically,
>    are the compiled objects compatible, the linked objects compatible?
>    Are the C languages used on the three platforms compatible (better
>    yet, are they ANSI).

There is binary compatibility regardless of what hardware you are using, as
long as it's running the same OS.  That is, if you are running OS-9/68000 on
both an Atari ST and a Motorola VME board, the same object code can run on
either, ignoring possible hardware differences like an FPU/MMU.  When a
hardware manufacturer (OEM) licenses OS-9 from us, they customize to their
particular hardware (serial chips, disk controllers, memory layout, etc.).
When this has been done properly the application software need not concern
itself with the hardware particulars.

Our C compilers between OS-9/68xxx and OS-9000 are compatible (source, not
object).  ANSI will be available for both soon.

>And an unrelated question, has anyone build the GNU/FSF software under
>[OS/9 | OS/9K | OS/9000]?

Both GCC and G++ (for OS-9/68xxx) have been ported, others will need to
respond regarding stability and availability.

>Thanks,
>Peter Whittaker

Sure!
 # Bill Sheppard  --  bills@microware.com  --  {uunet,sun}!mcrware!mwca!bill  #
 # Microware Systems Corporation  ---  OS-9: Seven generations beyond OS/2!!  #
 ######Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them!######

tony@mwuk.UUCP (Tony Mountifield) (04/09/91)

In article <819@recco.chi.sub.org> weo@recco.chi.sub.org (Wolfgang Ocker) writes:
}
} From CUMANA (GB) an OS-9/68000 Professional package for the ST
} including BASIC09, SCULPTOR (multiuser database system), DYNACALC
} (spreadsheet) and STYLOGRAPH (text processing) is available for about
} $1000.

Has the Cumana version been updated to OS-9 V2.3 or V2.4 yet? Last I
heard, they were stuck at V2.2, which is no longer supported.
(Microware supports the current version and one previous (V2.4 & V2.3)).

}
} Best regards,
} /// Wolfgang
} --
} |  Wolfgang Ocker          |     weo@recco.chi.sub.org     |
} |  Lochhauser Strasse 35a  +-------------------------------+
} |  D-8039 Puchheim         |       reccoware systems       |
} |  Voice: +49 89 80 77 02  |                               |
} |  Fax:   +49 89 80 29 67  |    Huh, What?  Where am I?    |

Tony.
--
Tony Mountifield.                | Microware Systems (UK) Ltd.
MAIL:  tony@mwuk.uucp            | Leylands Farm, Nobs Crook,

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (04/10/91)

In article <819@recco.chi.sub.org> weo@recco.chi.sub.org (Wolfgang Ocker) writes:
>bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:

>>Most of the popular 68000 machines have had OS-9 ported to them - the Atari ST
>>(the new models with VME slots should make particularly nice platforms) can
>>be had for well under $1000, we sell OS-9 directly for it.

>From CUMANA (GB) an OS-9/68000 Professional package for the ST
>including BASIC09, SCULPTOR (multiuser database system), DYNACALC
>(spreadsheet) and STYLOGRAPH (text processing) is available for about
>$1000.

Just a clarification - there are (at least) two ports of OS-9 for the
ST. We (Microware) sell one version, Cumana sells another version.
Price and included features may differ...they are both inherently OS-9,
however, and so they would both have binary compatibility with all
other OS-9/68xxx platforms.

heller@cs.umass.edu (04/11/91)

In article <1836@mwca.UUCP>, bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes...
>There is binary compatibility regardless of what hardware you are using, as
>long as it's running the same OS.  That is, if you are running OS-9/68000 on
>both an Atari ST and a Motorola VME board, the same object code can run on
>either, ignoring possible hardware differences like an FPU/MMU.  When a
>hardware manufacturer (OEM) licenses OS-9 from us, they customize to their
>particular hardware (serial chips, disk controllers, memory layout, etc.).
>When this has been done properly the application software need not concern
>itself with the hardware particulars.

You do need to be sure to compile code for the LCD of your machines: code
compiled for a 68020 w/68881 may not run on a plain 68000 if it was compiled
with -k2l.  The default cc options generate code for a vanila 68000 - this
code will run on a 68020 (optionally with a 68881/68882), but won't take
advantage of the extra goodies on the 68020 (and 68881/68882).

			Robert

fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) (04/13/91)

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:

|In article <819@recco.chi.sub.org> weo@recco.chi.sub.org (Wolfgang Ocker) writes:

|>From CUMANA (GB) an OS-9/68000 Professional package for the ST
|>including BASIC09, SCULPTOR (multiuser database system), DYNACALC
|>(spreadsheet) and STYLOGRAPH (text processing) is available for about
|>$1000.

|Just a clarification - there are (at least) two ports of OS-9 for the
|ST. We (Microware) sell one version, Cumana sells another version.
|Price and included features may differ...they are both inherently OS-9,
|however, and so they would both have binary compatibility with all
|other OS-9/68xxx platforms.

Yes, thats true. I have a license for both ports, but I must say that
the Cumana OS-9/68k is far better than the version distributed by
Microware.

Cheers,
Frank
--
| Frank Kaefer | fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org | Starnberg, Germany |
| Compuserve: 72427,2101   | Internet: fkk@Germany.Sun.COM   |

Sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org (Josef Wolf) (04/16/91)

[...]

Sounds interesting. I know the features of the Cumana version. But I
wold like to hear something about the other version (directly from
Microware?)
Which features are included? Which hardware is supported (drivers etc)?
Is something like 'virtual terminals' available? Is it available in
germany? Is v2.4 already available? And:
 _if_v2.4_is_available_can_I_upgrade_from_cumana_v2.3_to_microware_v2.4_ ?!?!

I don't wanna say that the cumana version is bad. It is a really nice
implementation. I like it. BUT!!! It takes a lot of time to get some
upgrade (perhaps that is why it is a really nice implementation? ;-)
AND: I get some return-receipts every time I write an eMail to my
distributor saying 'received and read'
                                 ^^^^
but I never got any response. I have to call via phone :-(

Again: Cumana have a very good implementation. (almost) everything works
       fine. There are many drivers included, so it is unlikely to run into
       troubles with new hardware. And _if_ you have some problem, and you
       call via _phone_, you can be pretty sure your problem will be solved.
BUT: - upgrades are slow
     - no responses to email :-( :-( :-( :-( (or do they receive my
       mails only on holidays? :-()

Greetings
    Sepp

| Josef Wolf, Germersheim, Germany | +49 7274 8047  -24 Hours- (call me :-) |
|     sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org      | +49 7274 8048  -24 Hours-              |
| ...!ira.uka.de!smurf!ppcger!sepp | +49 7274 8967  18:00-8:00, Sa + Su 24h |
| ----=> kommt Zeit => kommt Frau  | all lines  300/1200/2400 bps 8n1       |
|  kommt Frau => geht Zeit, geht Zeit => geht Frau, geht Frau => kommt Zeit |

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (04/24/91)

In article <kHOx2E@ppcger.ppc.sub.org> Sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org (Josef Wolf) writes:
>...Sounds interesting. I know the features of the Cumana version. But I
>wold like to hear something about the other version (directly from
>Microware?)

Your best bet would be to contact Dr. Keil - they should be local to you, and
are quite knowledgeable about our OS-9 port (probably more so than Microware
U.S., since the Atari is much more prevalent in Europe).  They can be reached
at (49) 6221-862091.

An upgrade from Cumana OS-9/ST V2.x to Microware OS-9/ST V2.(x+1) would
be unlikely - kind of like upgrading from Word Perfect 5.0 to Microsoft
Word 5.1 - they are really two separate products bought from two
separate companies, even though they both ultimately are based upon
Microware's OS-9/68xxx.

balmer@urz.unibas.ch (04/24/91)

In article <1850@mwca.UUCP>, bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
> Your best bet would be to contact Dr. Keil - they should be local to you, and
> are quite knowledgeable about our OS-9 port (probably more so than Microware
> U.S., since the Atari is much more prevalent in Europe).  They can be reached
> at (49) 6221-862091.

So lets pray that this not the buggy Dr. Keil implementation again...
(Maybe he uses the extended STE TOD calls now in his kernel).

- M. Balmer

Sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org (Josef Wolf) (04/25/91)

bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
] In article <kHOx2E@ppcger.ppc.sub.org> Sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org (Josef Wolf) writes:
] >...Sounds interesting. I know the features of the Cumana version. But I
] >wold like to hear something about the other version (directly from
] >Microware?)

] Your best bet would be to contact Dr. Keil - they should be local to you, and
] are quite knowledgeable about our OS-9 port (probably more so than Microware
] U.S., since the Atari is much more prevalent in Europe).  They can be reached
] at (49) 6221-862091.

Oh thanks! I've seen the Dr.Keil version... I'll stay on the Cumana
port! It takes a lot of time to get a new version, but... it is
_working_

Greetings
    Sepp

| Josef Wolf, Germersheim, Germany | +49 7274 8047  -24 Hours- (call me :-) |
|     sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org      | +49 7274 8048  -24 Hours-              |
| ...!ira.uka.de!smurf!ppcger!sepp | +49 7274 8967  18:00-8:00, Sa + Su 24h |
| Die Welt ist schoen,  so schoen! | all lines  300/1200/2400 bps 8n1       |
| Was ich nicht weiss, macht mich nicht heiss. Drum bleib ich immer heiter! |