[comp.os.os9] do f*

Sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org (Josef Wolf) (04/28/91)

Hello everybody!

I've got a little confused with fprintf() and fwrite(). They don't
report me that error 217 (file segment list full) occured. ferror()
didn't say anything, too. I rewrote the section, using write() and now
it seems to work nice. Is this a bug or a feature?

Greetings
    Sepp

PS: I'm running the Cumana (reccoware) implementation of OSK v2.3

| Josef Wolf, Germersheim, Germany | +49 7274 8047  -24 Hours- (call me :-) |
|     sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org      | +49 7274 8048  -24 Hours-              |
| ...!ira.uka.de!smurf!ppcger!sepp | +49 7274 8967  18:00-8:00, Sa + Su 24h |
| Die Welt ist schoen,  so schoen! | all lines  300/1200/2400 bps 8n1       |
| Was ich nicht weiss, macht mich nicht heiss. Drum bleib ich immer heiter! |

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (04/29/91)

In article <RPQr6E@ppcger.ppc.sub.org> Sepp@ppcger.ppc.sub.org (Josef Wolf) writes:
>I've got a little confused with fprintf() and fwrite(). They don't
>report me that error 217 (file segment list full) occured. ferror()
>didn't say anything, too. I rewrote the section, using write() and now
>it seems to work nice. Is this a bug or a feature?

If an error happens, it should be reported.  fprintf() and fwrite() won't
notice errors until they actually try to do I/O--if they're just filling up
the buffer, they can't tell whether the segment list is full.  That might
cause them to not complain as early as one might expect, but they will
complain eventually.

	James Jones