[comp.os.os9] FSAVE command in OS/9

aras@ecerl1.ece.ncsu.edu (Caglan M. Aras) (05/07/91)

An appeal to all OS/9 gurus:

When using the FSAVE command to back up our hard disk, we realized
that we need a h0_backup_dates (or something similar) file that
FSAVE uses to keep the dates of last backups. Does anyone know the
format for this file, we tried several guesses but they did not
appeal to FSAVE too much.

Thanks in advance,

Caglan M. Aras    aras@ecerl1.ece.ncsu.edu | Experts know more and
N. C State Univ.                           | more about less and
ECE Dept. Robotics Lab                     | less till they know
Raleigh, NC 27695                          | everything about nothing!

jclark@sdcc6.ucsd.edu (John Clark) (05/08/91)

In article <1991May7.162629.18482@ncsu.edu> aras@ecerl1.ece.ncsu.edu writes:
+An appeal to all OS/9 gurus:
+FSAVE uses to keep the dates of last backups. Does anyone know the

Try:
build /h0/sys/backup_dates
<return>

I.e. create a file with a blank line in it, with the 'build'
command.
--

John Clark
jclark@ucsd.edu