[comp.os.os9] FRESTORE

sramam@eos.ncsu.edu (SRIKANTH RAMAMURTHY) (05/21/91)

Hi,
 I have been taking backups in my system (which runs microware's os9 on a
68k processor) with the FSAVE utility and when I try to restore the files
it says "Header corrupt, Index file structure not found:"

I did insert the last volume of the backup disks and also made sure
that the disks were all verified when they were backed up. It seems
to write the index on the last volume. Could anybody tell me what's
being done wrong?

It does  frestore as long as all the files are in one disk.

-srikanth

marten@feki.toppoint.de (Marten Feldtmann) (05/23/91)

sramam@eos.ncsu.edu (SRIKANTH RAMAMURTHY) writes:

>Hi,
> I have been taking backups in my system (which runs microware's os9 on a
>68k processor) with the FSAVE utility and when I try to restore the files
>it says "Header corrupt, Index file structure not found:"

Did you use fsave/frestore with the same version-number? From os-9/2.2
to 2.3 the fsave/frestore programs are not compatible.

 Marten
--

Marten Feldtmann, Kieler Str. 29, 2300 Kiel-14, Germany, +49 431-731916
       *** please remember: I'v to pay for incomming mail ***