[comp.os.os9] multitasking os9

e4ct22@titan.hts.hsa.nl (e4ct22) (05/24/91)

Dear Reader,

We are students at the Hogeschool Alkmaar (Holland) studying Computer
Science. For a Practice Computer System Design we are working with OS-9
in combination with a VME-system. This year, our school has bought 19
transputers wich are going to be added to the existing system. To
communicate with the transputers a server (iserver) is present.
Our problem is to make this iserver multi-user/time-sharing.
It is very difficult for us to find documentation on this matter.
If anyone has experiance with this subject and is willing to send us
instructions or guide-lines to follow, please send it to :

Wim Vriend & Arnoud Terpstra
Hogeschool Alkmaar
Holland

davidb@brac.inmos.co.uk (David Boreham) (05/27/91)

In article <1441@titan.hts.hsa.nl> e4ct22@titan.hts.hsa.nl (e4ct22) writes:
>Dear Reader,
>
>We are students at the Hogeschool Alkmaar (Holland) studying Computer
>Science. For a Practice Computer System Design we are working with OS-9
>in combination with a VME-system. This year, our school has bought 19
>transputers wich are going to be added to the existing system. To
 ^^^^^^^^^^^ At last, someting I know about in comp.sys.os9 :)

>communicate with the transputers a server (iserver) is present.
>Our problem is to make this iserver multi-user/time-sharing.
>It is very difficult for us to find documentation on this matter.
>If anyone has experiance with this subject and is willing to send us
>instructions or guide-lines to follow, please send it to :

Well guys, have I got a deal for you.....

I assume that you're using B014 boards or something similar and
want one user to access one board ? Anything more complicated like
multiple users using the same board or even the same tranpsuter is
pretty much impossible.

If so then what you need is an OS-9 ported iserver and a suitable
drvice driver. We have recently finished writing a new version of
our device driver, this time with a file manager to get improved
performance. If you would like a copy, please mail me stating
prefered method of delivery.

David Boreham, INMOS Limited | mail(uk): davidb@inmos.co.uk or ukc!inmos!davidb
Bristol,  England            |     (us): uunet!inmos.com!davidb
+44 454 616616 ex 547        | Internet: davidb@inmos.com