[comp.os.os9] test

aweiss@pacsbb.UUCP (arnold weiss) (08/08/88)

Most of us who use the Coco have expierenced crash due to dirty contacts
on the disk controller or the Multi-Pak.  Other than gold plating the
contacts there is NO sure fire way to prevent this, but ther is a com-
mercial product sold that does help solve the problem.  This product is
called "CRAMOLIN" and is a contact cleaner & coater.  'Tho a bit expensive
, about $ 17.00, it can be used for a long time, probably years by a
single user.   I coated all my non-goldplatted contacts over six months
ago and have had NO problems since.  I still have almost as much solution
as  I started with, so it will last me a long time.  On page 76 of the
SEPT. 88 issue of Radio Electronics there is an ad placed by an outfit
that is selling CRAMOLIN by mail order.  It is very useful and should
be looked into.

es@polari.UUCP (Erich Sweaney) (02/12/90)

This is a test, for my BBS Program. This BBS will have Usenet Avaibable.

wilhite@unocss.unomaha.edu (wilhite) (03/24/90)

This is a test to see if I can post news.

--
Timothy R. Wilhite KB0ASO

fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) (03/28/90)

wilhite@unocss.unomaha.edu (wilhite) writes:

> This is a test to see if I can post news.
> --
> Timothy R. Wilhite KB0ASO

Well, yes, it seems you can post news, but do you post on an OS-9
machine as I do ? <grin>

Cheers,
Frank.
---
+--------------------------------+ Darkness all around us
| Frank Kaefer | fkk@stasys.UUCP | We don't close our eyes
|   (Compuserve: 72427,2101)     | No one's gonna ground us
|          (BIX: fkaefer)        | We were born to fly
|     Starnberg, West Germany    | Comin' at us no stopping
+--------------------------------+ Born to amplify    [Carry On - Manowar]

bew@davidge (Brett Wynkoop) (12/28/90)

Greeting-
     I am trying to get news running here at the office so I can get
it running under os9.  All looks ok, but I need to know if this gets
beyond the site next door.  Could a few of you other os9ers drop me
some e-mail on the subject.  best path is probably:
.....phri!marob!davidge!bew

Thanks folks!

-Brett

halkoD@batman.moravian.EDU (David Halko) (01/25/91)

From what I remember about all of the different discussions I have heard
over the nets about the TC-70 and MM/1, there were a few misrepresentations
in your John Vestal's last message...

The TC-70 comes with more memory than the MM/1 (from what I last remember...)

Because of the extra memory, the TC-70 is slightly faster than a stock MM/1.

The TC-70 will run on the KBus, making available for it a tremendous amount
available expansion options... excellent for POS applications which need
all the terminals they can get (aimed at Business)

The TC-70 will act as a direct mother board replacement for owners of
QT systems, so they can upgrade their systems to color graphics cards
and memory easily instead of throwing away the entire machine to buy a-new...

The TC-70, through the KBus, will use existing memory expansion cards, for
those who are upgrading this means KBus owners can get the free graphics
with no loss of memory cards... never mind if someone needs more memory
upon ordering... it will be available...

Besides all this, Bruce Isted is a proven programmer and developer for
the CoCo... with support like his, the TC-70 can't go wrong... the guy
is absolutely incredible- making the best OS9 hard/floppy/multicard adaptor
on the market for the CoCo3...

FHL has been around for quite a few years (over a decade) and delivers
excellent support! He has delivered me nothing but the greatest support
over the past couple of years with technical assistance for the
equipment that I had purchased from him.

The TC-70 is aimed at a business market while keeping compatability with
the OS9 Graphical world now in existance. While the MM/1 may be less
expensive, the TC-70 is definitely aimed at a different market as well
as having more hardware support so far... For someone who wants to put
together an inventory control system with 20 terminals and have a color
graphics display in the rear office with a windowing environment to make
managing the system more efficiently with minimal extra cost, the TC-70
definitely takes the pie... an 80386 would never do this that well... neither
would an 80486 with the current operating systems out there (with the
exception of OS9000... but I don't know of any vendors outside of Microware
who handle it...)

For business support, the TC-70 takes the cake... for home, maybe an MM/1
would be nicer... for myself, I am waiting for a VSC card to be released
for the K-Bus and get a 68030 or 68040 CPU, bus, and video card... I can
manage to build up the system I ultimately want in pieces, with all the
power I can ever want, since I can afford them that way...

						David J. Halko

bwynkoop@shearson.com (Brett Wynkoop) (06/06/91)

This is a test posting from Pnews on fis1

-Brett

bwynkoop@shearson.com (Brett Wynkoop) (06/07/91)

This is a test of Pnews on fis1

-Brett