[comp.os.os9] OS/9 on a Rainbow 100

seanhull@hadar.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Sean P. Hull) (06/06/91)

I have a newly acquired rainbow 100, and have heard that you can run
OS/9.  Does anyone know anything about this, and/or know where to get
a copy of it?  Might there be a place that I can order a Rainbow 100
manual from anymore?  (It didn't come with one, as it was used)

  Thanks
  Sean
--
 _S_e_a_n _P_. _H_u_l_l  _U_n_i_v_e_r_s_i_t_y _o_f _B_u_f_f_a_l_o  _s_e_a_n_h_u_l_l_@_s_y_b_i_l_._c_s_._b_u_f_f_a_l_o_._e_d_u
 /  ___||   ___| /    \ |  \|  ||  _  \|  |_|  ||  ||  ||  |  |  |

session@seq.uncwil.edu (Zack C. Sessions) (06/07/91)

seanhull@hadar.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Sean P. Hull) writes:

>I have a newly acquired rainbow 100, and have heard that you can run
>OS/9.  Does anyone know anything about this, and/or know where to get
>a copy of it?  Might there be a place that I can order a Rainbow 100
>manual from anymore?  (It didn't come with one, as it was used)

Sorry, but I think you have been mislead. First of all, I assume you
are talking about the DEC Rainbow 100. That system usus a dual processor
arrangement, a Z80A to do IO, and a 8086 (I think) to do compute-bound
work. There is not a version of OS-9 which will run on that platform.
When the Rainbow was first introduced, it's claim to fame was that it
could run not only CP/M, but a fledgling OS called MS-DOS as well!!

You might check with DEC about the manual. Call them at 1-800-DIGITAL.

Zack Sessions
session@seq.uncwil.edu