[comp.os.os9] Newcomer needs basic information

abennett@athena.mit.edu (Andrew A. Bennett) (06/26/91)

I'm starting a Ph.D. program in Ocean Engineering at MIT this fall, and I've
learned that their autonomus submersible uses os9.

Since I don't know the first thing about os9, and since the odds are about 80/20
that I'll be asked to program the submersible, I thought I had better start learning.

My question is, therefore:  Where can I get os9 information/manuals/etc, so
that I'll at least not be a hinderance when I arrive?

All replies are greaty appreciated.

-Drew

--
Andrew Bennett             MIT Network Services                abennett@mit.edu
MIT Room E40-371                                  abennett%athena@mitvma.bitnet

knudsen@cbnewsd.att.com (michael.j.knudsen) (06/29/91)

In article <1991Jun25.190841.12598@athena.mit.edu>, abennett@athena.mit.edu (Andrew A. Bennett) writes:

> I'm starting a Ph.D. program in Ocean Engineering at MIT this fall, and I've
> learned that their autonomous submersible uses os9.

Nice to add to the known uses of OS9.
Also suggests our new theme song:
"We all live in a Robot Submarine -- Robot Submarine -- Robot Submarine"

Go to Radio Shack and buy OS9 Level 2, read the manuals.
Better yet, buy a Coco 3 and play with it.
The above is serious advice.  Really.  --mike k
--
"What America needs is A Thousand Points When Lit..."
	knudsen@ihlpl.att.com