[rec.humor.d] AT&T Customer Service Memo

thompson@dalcs.UUCP (Michael A. Thompson) (03/22/88)

In article <570@auvax.UUCP> louis@auvax.UUCP (Louis Schmittroth) writes:
>In article <159@mkunix.DEC.COM>, tyager@mkunix.DEC.COM (Tom Yager) writes:
>>                 AT&T Customer Service Memorandum
>>
>>      Please stop submitting compliants.  This is our system.  We
>> designed it, we built it, and we use it more than you do.  If
>This was the most offensive posting I have seen from from vendor about
>another vendor.  Not funny, not accurate, merely scurrilous. Doesn't
>belong on comp.unix.xenix, nor rec.humor, nor anywhere else, except
>the author's waste basket.  Does Tom Yager really work for DEC?

	I don't care, I thought it was funny, it mirrors many people's
stereotypical view of the phone company (have you ever watched Laugh in?)  I
do agree that comp.unix.xenix is inapropiate for that posting however, I also
think that rec.humor is inappropiate for this discussion so I've set the
Followup-To field to rec.humor.d.  Some warning that it might offend the
thin skined would also have been appropiate (see figure 1) or rot13ing it.
Who cares if Tom Yager works for DEC or not! I didn't even notice until
you mentioned it. BTW this is MY opinion, NOT my employers (altho they may
have an opinion on this they haven't expressed it to me).

The following is a joke: possibly offensive to:
		Catholics
		Priests
		Jews
		Rabbis
		Pigs
		Or the easyly offended

One day a Rabbi and a Catholic Priest were travelling on the train together,
when the priest turns to the Rabbi
Priest: "So, I understand that you arn't allowed to eat pork?"
Rabbi:  "Yes, that is true."
P: "Bet ya you've tried it tho!"
R: "Well ... yes"
P: "Good wasn't it"
R: "Well ... um ... yes"
The train continued on with the priest looking very smug when the Rabbi turned
to the priest
R: "So, I understand that you arn't allowed to have Sex?"
P: "Yes, that's true."
R: "Bet you you've tried it!"
P: "Well ... yes"
R: "Better than PORK! wasn't it!"
--
Michael A. Thompson, Dept. Math, Stats, & C.S., Dalhousie U., Halifax, N.S.
thompson@dalcs.uucp	From Bitnet or Uucp