[rec.humor.d] Missing Headline from KW-Record Article

dmcanzi@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (David Canzi) (12/02/88)

In article <2428@looking.UUCP> record@looking.UUCP writes:

>Due to a bit of emotional overcharge yesterday, when I posted the
>article about rec.humor.funny from the K-W Record, I neglected the
>headline, which was perhaps the least nice part of the story.
>
>It was:
>
>	UW computer system used to send racial jokes

...which is tame next to the headline on the next day's article.

	"UW to probe racial joke exchange"

The "racial joke exchange" in the headline is none other than
rec.humor.funny.

I suppose some good may come of this.  Those who have been regular
readers of rec.humor.funny can now see just how inaccurate newspapers
can get.

Can you trust what the newspapers tell you?

--
David Canzi