[net.works] WORKS Digest V4 #21

CMP.WERNER@UTEXAS-20.ARPA (05/13/84)

From:  Werner Uhrig  <CMP.WERNER@UTEXAS-20.ARPA>

Dave,
	I am trying to reply to the author of the article on "Foot Mice"
	Cole @ HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS, however, there is no such site in our
	host-table nor the NIC-data-base.

	Could you please verify where the article came from and how one can
	respond?  Thanks,   Werner.

[ here follows the article .....]

 8-May-84 02:15:13-CDT,732;000000000000
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 84 15:43 MST
From: Kip Cole <KCole@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA>
Subject: Foot Mice

To avoid having to remove hands from the keyboard to use a mouse and
change modes from mouse to keyboard, why not use a mouse with ones
foot.  The buttons could be either a heel and/or toe action (or even
a chord device with the other foot).  The foot-mouse could be used
with either left or right foot and hands wouldn't have to leave the
keyboard.

After all we are four-limbed beings, and organists have been using
them all quite satisfactorily for a long time now.  Also, unlike most
desk-tops, the space around ones feet is usually quite clear from
obstruction.

Any thoughts.....Kip Cole, Honeywell Australia.
-------