[aus.wanted] Maze generation algorithm wanted.

North_TJ@cc.cut.oz.au (03/26/90)

A colleague has asked me to post a request for a 2-D maze generation
algorithm (any common language). Well, I'm posting...

Thanks in advance.
Tim North

SNAIL : Dept. Computer Engineering, Curtin University of Technology. Perth.
ACSnet: North_TJ@cc.cut.oz.au

jaa@cs.su.oz (James Ashton) (03/27/90)

In article <2097.260df8d2@cc.cut.oz.au> North_TJ@cc.cut.oz.au writes:
>A colleague has asked me to post a request for a 2-D maze generation
>algorithm (any common language). Well, I'm posting...

I wrote a maze generator a while ago.  It's purpose was to generate
standard micromouse 16x16 mazes.  It's quite slow but always creates
reasonably good mazes for micromice - maze solving robots.  It's short
enough and (I think) potentially interesting enough that I've submitted
it to comp.sources.games.  Hopefully it should appear shortly.

						James Ashton.