[aus.wanted] FAX protocol

In article <190@mtiame.oz> jep@mtiame.mtia.oz (Jesper Peterson) writes:

>We recently received 2 fax modems on test here and are currently trying
>to get a unix box to call a real fax machine.
>
>The first thing we receive is something like:
>
>    R 01 02 03 04 05

So far as I know there is currently no faxmodem communications standard.
You'll have to beat on your supplier to give you there's.  Good luck.
For some reason all the ones I talked to either haven't the slightest
idea what I wanted, or consider the information (God knows why) proprietary.
| Alphalpha Software, Inc. | Voice/Fax: 617/646-7703 |   Home: 617/641-3805   |
| 148 Scituate St.         | Smart fax, dial number. |                        |
| Arlington, MA 02174      | Dumb fax, dial number,  |   BBS:  617/641-3722   |
| nazgul@alphalpha.com     | wait for ring, press 3. |   300/1200/2400 baud   |