[aus.wanted] Clipper-like program for SCO 386 Unix

jayen@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Jayen Vaghani) (06/06/91)

We are looking for a Clipper-like program for SCO Unix 386. That is, a
program for compiling dbase programs into native executable code. We don't
want something like Foxplus which compiles into interpreted code. This would
be too slow for our purposes. I have heard rumours of Foxplus having a native
code compiler. Can anyone confirm this one way or another? Otherwise, what
other products are available?

Thanks, Jayen.
--
-------
UUCP:	{uunet,ukc,ubc-cs,mcvax}!munnari.oz!jayen

tleylan@pegasus.com (Tom Leylan) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.065728.20067@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU> jayen@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Jayen Vaghani) writes:
>We are looking for a Clipper-like program for SCO Unix 386. That is, a
>program for compiling dbase programs into native executable code. We don't
>want something like Foxplus which compiles into interpreted code. This would
>be too slow for our purposes. I have heard rumours of Foxplus having a native
>code compiler. Can anyone confirm this one way or another? Otherwise, what
>other products are available?

Jayen,  I can't be of any help on your quest but just to avoid any future
arguments you might have with someone... Clipper is a tokenizing compiler
and not a native code compiler.  Last native code version was A'86 as far
as I recall.

tom leylan
(ex-Senior Systems Analyst /  Nantucket Corporation)