[comp.protocols.misc] Seeking info on the AMD 7992A

jtkohl@athena.mit.edu (John T Kohl) (07/10/87)

In article <311@blisierra.BLI.COM> stephen@blisierra.BLI.COM (Stephen Belair) writes:

>Does anyone out there have any experience with ...
> the Mostek 68590 LANCE Ethernet controller? ...
>
>stephen belair

Well, the VAXstation 2000 (and I assume the MicroVAX 2000 also) uses
the LANCE chip for it's ThinWire ethernet.  The Ultrix 2.0 driver seems to
work fine, I haven't had any problems with it.

----
John Kohl
MIT/Project Athena

stephen@blisierra.BLI.COM (Stephen Belair) (07/10/87)

Does anyone out there have any experience with the AMD Ethernet chip, or
with the Mostek 68590 LANCE Ethernet controller? Any nice features with
either? Any nasty bugs? Performance?

Any comments or experience with these are welcomed and would be greatly
appreciated.

stephen belair