[comp.protocols.misc] none

daveb@geac.UUCP (Brown) (08/27/87)

In article <KPETERSEN.12329668599.BABYL@SIMTEL20.ARPA> Stef@NRTC.NORTHROP.COM writes:
>I am sending this to the whole list, plus -request because I think it is
>important to immediately press a vital issue, as follows:
>The entire globe needs yet anotehr new protocol like it needs 5 billion
>new holes, one each in the heads of the earth's 5 billion people.

In re a counterproposal to a version of X.25 (x.pc?) for serial dialup,
how about someone digging out a copy of SLIP (Serial lline IP) and
posting a review of it here.  If its 1) portable 2) verifiable and
3) of moderate size, then I would suggest its use as a short-term
facility for connecting diverse micros/minis/mainframes pending the
arrival of non-experimental ISDN.

 --dave (ISDN is ISO-flavored, and the trials look real hopefull) cb
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor|yetti|utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its