[comp.protocols.misc] SLIP needed

lear@aramis.rutgers.edu (eliot lear) (09/26/87)

I am looking for SLIP for the AMIGA.  Is it ftpable from any host on
the ARPA/MIL/NSF nets?

Thanks in advance,
--
Eliot Lear
[lear@rutgers.edu]

rminnich@udel.UUCP (09/27/87)

In article <1679@aramis.rutgers.edu> lear@aramis.rutgers.edu (eliot lear) writes:

>I am looking for SLIP for the AMIGA.  Is it ftpable from any host on
>the ARPA/MIL/NSF nets?

Once again that number is:
louie.udel.edu, look at amigatcp.tar.Z or pub/amigatcp.tar.Z
(sorry, i just forgot which)
or, where i got it originally:
trantor.umd.edu, look in info-amiga for amigatcp.tar

Louie Mammakos did a real nice job. The binary worked off-the-shelf
for me, and i use it all the time to move dvi files. It is fast.
Don't forget to set binary mode before you move it.

--
ron (rminnich@udel.edu)

brianop@well.UUCP (Brian McBee) (09/29/87)

I'd sure appreciate it if someone could either post the amiga slip executable,
or mail it to me, 'cause I'm on UUCP and can't ftp it from anybody. It's lonely
working out here in the void. If anyone wants to post a working UUPC executable,
I'm sure they would earn undying gratitude for that too. Thanks.
What the eye beholds                       CI$ MCI:  72406.1363
And the heart covets,                      BIX PLINK:  Brianop
Let the hand boldly seize!.                USENET:  well!brianop